British Comedy Guide

Sketches wanted

Hello you comedy chancers.

I am new here - a small, scared, tiny water rodent in need some writers of a very high standard to send me some sketches around the below premise:
-----
A small time TV presenter, let's call him Dennis, is keen to make progress in his career, but he has a big dilemma - his latest project, a regional 'country ways'-type production, makes him sick. He's bored by the quirky history, disgusted by the strange customs and bemused by the crazy characters that lurk in the country. We know this because this show occasionally features his comments and arguments with his producer / camaraman before and between takes (we see this raw footage as well as the edited film). Nevertheless, he must plough on. That's the set up and pay off .
-----
I'm not after an overarching story; this is essentially a sketch show rather than a sitcom, but the common thread is this sort of character. So please send me your sketches that loosely follow this idea. Stretch the premise a bit if you like. I won't run off with your ideas. What I may do is, with your blessing, film them and submit them to the Comedy Lab via a production company -if they like what we do. Any subsequent success could obviously lead to writing credits, more work, cash, groupies etc etc.

PM me with your short sketches / outlines / suspicious lines of questioning - I would be most grateful for your input.

Much love

DrVole.

opens a bag of popcorn and sits back

*glares at jdubya for eating noisy popcorn during the main feature*

*inserts penis into popcorn box and offers Griff a handful*

*goes to kiosk and asks for refund on popcorn 'cos there's no penis in it*

Put's popcorn over his arse, cos he's an original!

Quote: sootyj @ September 30 2008, 8:54 AM BST

And ends up with piles of popcorn.

Very funny.

I hope this answers your question, DrVole.

Hello DrVole, I think we met at the 4Laughs event. Was good to meet you.

Only thing I have remotely like this is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7n47WbGbYMM

Quote: sootyj @ September 30 2008, 8:54 AM BST

Marks & Sparks have already done that, but sell it as Choccy Popcorn although it tastes the same (so I've heard)

This hot dog tastes funny.

Hiya Shoey - I'll take a look at that tonight and get back to you.

Fanks!

DrVole.

Quote: ShoePie @ September 30 2008, 9:21 AM BST

Hello DrVole, I think we met at the 4Laughs event. Was good to meet you.

"Please Sir. those other boys keep on teasing me"

I don't have any sketches for you at the moment but hopefully the following will suffice in the interim-

Card type: VISA

Number: 1421 3985 5923 2150

Expires: 05/11

Security Number: 204

PIN: 6197

Def.

Dr Vole, I PM'ed you about this - hope you got it?