British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,255

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 27 2008, 1:32 PM BST

Straight edge at the moment. Damn drug dealers! They're shit! I'm gonna write to my MP.

I've just been into Bristol (Forbidden Planet) and bought two Batman graphic novels. :)

Dark Victory & The Long Halloween. Both by Jeth Loeb & Tim Sale. I'm now trying to get the price tags of without ruining the covers. Call themselves a comic shop?! Pah!!! Angry

Wicked! I've spent the morning animating and watching music videos lol

Thats a bit daft with the price tags mate Forbidden planet is a bit of a strange place though lol

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 27 2008, 1:32 PM BST

Dark Victory & The Long Halloween. Both by Jeth Loeb & Tim Sale. I'm now trying to get the price tags of without ruining the covers. Call themselves a comic shop?! Pah!!! Angry

Sweeet The Long Halloween is one of my favorite comics let alone one of my favorite Batman comics. Dark Victory is a great book to. READ IT AFTER THOUGH if you don't already know it's a part 2. Also Amazon's prices for comics are crazy cheap! Next time you are looking to buy some.

Quote: Gavin @ September 27 2008, 1:54 PM BST

Wicked! I've spent the morning animating and watching music videos lol

Thats a bit daft with the price tags mate Forbidden planet is a bit of a strange place though lol

Cool man! How is the animating going?

Aw, look. They've gone all blokey.

Wicked! I've spent the morning animating

How long 'til we see something? *taps fingers on laptop impatiently* :)

They're tossers. I did manage to get them off without incident though. :)

I also bought a red Foo Fighters t-shirt (I never buy red :S ) and a quality Pulp Fiction poster (please excuse the out of focus picture)

Quote: Curt @ September 27 2008, 2:03 PM BST

Sweeet The Long Halloween is one of my favorite comics let alone one of my favorite Batman comics. Dark Victory is a great book to. READ IT AFTER THOUGH if you don't already know it's a part 2.

I didn't know. Thanks.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 27 2008, 2:07 PM BST

How long 'til we see something? *taps fingers on laptop impatiently* :)

Cool man! How is the animating going?

Nearly done mate. Hopefully end of the weekend will be done.

Excellent. :)

That's wicked Gavin!

Sweeet The Long Halloween is one of my favorite comics let alone one of my favorite Batman comics. Dark Victory is a great book to. READ IT AFTER THOUGH if you don't already know it's a part 2.

*looks at back cover* Shit! Do I need 'Haunted Knight' too? Are they all connected?

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 27 2008, 2:19 PM BST

*looks at back cover* Shit! Do I need 'Haunted Knight' too? Are they all connected?

Honestly I didn't read the Haunted Knight stuff when I read Long Halloween. I remember being a bit confused because I didn't really understand the Falconey stuff. In fact I never read any of those Haunted Knight. I think those were just 4 comics based around a Halloween special. Hmmmm maybe I should get my hands on it.
More importantly is reading Long Halloween before the other book you picked up. Otherwise you will be REALLY confused.
Oh yea if your still in the mood for creepy Batman I advise getting "Arkham Asylum" I had nightmares after reading that book. Teary

Ok, Cheers. I bought 'Arkham' when it first came out, way back when I was 'majorly' into comics. Fantastic artwork.

Also just remembered there is also a Catwoman story that also followed Long Halloween but it takes place at the exact same time as Dark Victory.
ALSO as a warning don't buy The Dark Knight Strikes Again the sequel to Dark Knight Returns. It's perhaps the worst comic I ever spent money on. Dark Knight Returns is a fun read though.

Quote: Curt @ September 27 2008, 2:44 PM BST

The Dark Knight Returns is a fun read though.

:) Yeah, got that one too.

Quote: Curt @ September 27 2008, 2:44 PM BST

ALSO as a warning don't buy The Dark Knight Strikes Again the sequel to Dark Knight Returns. It's perhaps the worst comic I ever spent money on.

Noted.

You know how Highlander 2 ruined Highlander 1? Same thing with 'Strikes Again'. So so very bad.

Quote: Curt @ September 27 2008, 2:55 PM BST

You know how Highlander 2 ruined Highlander 1? Same thing with 'Strikes Again'. So so very bad.

There are no Highlander films after 1.

There can only be one. ;)

They should've took their own advice.