British Comedy Guide

Outnumbered - Series 1 Page 18

Quote: Mark @ September 19 2008, 10:38 AM BST

but also they won't be repeating the bad idea of putting episodes out on subsequent nights.

I really liked that.

So did I.

I liked it for me, I didn't think it was a great idea for the show.

I just don't know if I can wait until November. I neeeeeed it now!

Smarmy

I can wait.

Laughing out loud

You're always there, piping up!

Quite comforting really.

Quote: zooo @ September 19 2008, 5:39 PM BST

Laughing out loud

You're always there, piping up!

Quite comforting really.

:) glad to be of service!

Anyway. we'll meet at the Xmas do - that'll be a treat for you!!!

Oh crikey.

Quote: zooo @ September 19 2008, 10:03 PM BST

Oh crikey.

Laughing out loud

I'll be wearing my 'Outnumbered' Tee and pink leggings!

What a coincidence, that's what I'm wearing!

Imagine having a dad like me!

Very embarassing!

My poor boys.. (and wife..)

I did mean to watch the rerun, as I remember it being pretty good. Things like keeping a nit as a pet (and then another nit, so it doesn't get lonely) and "but I'm your ONLY niece" showed real wit, and the unfortunate situations the dad found himself in at work ("it's just bad luck that she actually WAS pregnant") were great stuff. Still not sure what the perfect timeslot for it would be, and I don't know if moving it to BBC2 is a merely cautious approval, but I really liked it. And I don't have kids.

:D It's a great advert for British comedy this show. Glad you enjoy it.

Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin are both veteran comedy writers. Writing as a duo for TV they are probably best-known otherwise for writing the semi-topical newsroom sitcom Drop The Dead Donkey. Andy has written and performed a fair bit of great stuff for radio as well, plus he usually turns up every year on Have I Got News For You. A very funny man.

As far as I know there will be a series three, but I've yet to hear word of any definite commission (cue Aaron to correct me).

I finally acquired this and have started watching it. I absolutely love it. It reminds me a lot what can happen with my own kids from time to time.

Tim: Yes. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/outnumbered/