British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 373

Yes again. :(

Oh, Aaron. You need film education. Stat.
Whether you want it or not. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 1:47 PM BST

Oh, Aaron. You need film education. Stat.

Agreed.

Quote: chipolata @ September 25 2008, 1:09 PM BST

I doubt any films can live up to that level of notoriety. The Evil Dead, The Exorcist and Straw Dogs certainly didn't.

All brilliant, brilliant films you phillistine!!

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 1:16 PM BST

And The Godfather. Yawn.

That one too.

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 1:18 PM BST

I looooove Goodfellas etc, so I really expected to enjoy The Godfather. :(

There were good bits, but. Not enough of them.

Rolling eyes
Yeah it's definitely the ownership of a vagina that means I don't like that film...

At least you can admit to that. Well done you. #pats on head# Good girl; good girl.

I think it's just been voted the best film of all time. Again.

It really isn't.

And nor is Star Wars, I hate that that always wins 'best film'. (certainly in Empire magazine at least.) F**king balls.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 11:54 AM BST

Withnail & I has to be the most overrated film ever!!

F**k me, what's wrong with people on this site?! Another fantastic film; just brilliant!

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 1:51 PM BST

It really isn't.

And nor is Star Wars, I hate that that always wins 'best film'. (certainly in Empire magazine at least.) F**king balls.

Yeah, it's not that good. And Star Wars is rubbish. And boring. Blade Runner on the other hand; now there's a sci-fi flick.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 12:28 PM BST

Withnail & I is a very 'studenty' film imo.

Ooh, I hate it when people say stuff like that. Studenty. Bloody hell.

:)

Of course most of the readers of that magazine are blokes.
And apparently the ownership of a willy means they can overlook acting quality, story, and writing. The mere presence of OOOH A SPACE SHIP AND SOME GUNS controls their choice of 'best film ever'.

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 1:35 AM BST

It does have the fat chef from Pie In The Sky trying to f**k the 8th Doctor Who though. So it's not all bad.

And you know E Grant played the Doctor too, in a web-radio story thing a few years back.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 25 2008, 1:53 PM BST

F**k me, what's wrong with people on this site?!

And Star Wars is rubbish. And boring.

F**k me, what's wrong with the people on this site?! ;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 25 2008, 1:55 PM BST

And you know E Grant played the Doctor too, in a web-radio story thing a few years back.

Oh yeah! So he did.

It really isn't.

I thought Citizen Kane always got number one.

Star Wars is great, but it's not the best film ever. Much of its appeal derives from nostalgia imo.

I saw Citizen Kane at the cinema a few years ago. It was interesting but bloody hell.

I know it was great and innovative at the time, and should be studied as great cinema history, blah, blah. But... f**k me. Its time has passed.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 25 2008, 1:53 PM BST

F**k me, what's wrong with people on this site?! Another fantastic film; just brilliant!

Ooh, I hate it when people say stuff like that. Studenty. Bloody hell.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Only a studenty person would say that. Get a job! ;)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 25 2008, 1:56 PM BST

F**k me, what's wrong with the people on this site?! ;)

Star Wars is THE most over rated film of all time, by FARRRRR. I liked it when I was eight, but I'm not eight anymore. It bugs me the way film mags fill up their pages with stuff about it all the time.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 1:57 PM BST

I thought Citizen Kane always got number one.

Only by clever people who know what they're talking about. Not some f**king no-neck with a 'Snatch' poster and an Empire subscription.

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2008, 1:58 PM BST

I saw Citizen Kane at the cinema a few years ago. It was interesting but bloody hell.

I know it was great and innovative at the time, and should be studied as great cinema history, blah, blah. But... f**k me. Its time has passed.

Love the Kane; it's mountinous. Welles was a fat little, pudge nosed God.