British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,212

Quote: PhQnix @ September 24 2008, 11:07 AM BST

Are there any kids walking around disgusted by the whole thing? Or just shuffling along the street on their own? That's me...

No. They are all having the time of their lives - as will you!

What's a "bit laid?" Is that where she decides she doesn't fancy you half-way through copulation?

That made me Laughing out loud

Nice.

It happens. Universities a lot like Christmas, there's so much pressure and expectation to have a good time that if you're not, you can be plunged into depression. And if for some reason you're a person who doesn't find it easy to fit in or take part in these things, you can find the early weeks at university very hard work.

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2008, 11:10 AM BST

It happens. Universities a lot like Christmas, there's so much pressure and expectation to have a good time that if you're not, you can be plunged into depression. And if for some reason you're a person who doesn't find it easy to fit in or take part in these things, you can find the early weeks at university very hard work.

So no pressure then? :P

You'll be fine. :) (Although I do remember my first year at uni as the year I got into self harm in a big way)

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2008, 11:14 AM BST

You'll be fine. :) (Although I do remember my first year at uni as the year I got into self harm in a big way)

Yeah, I tried a bit of that. But eventually graduated to inflicting emotional torment on everybody else. Much healthier.

Quote: PhQnix @ September 24 2008, 10:54 AM BST

I'm bored of being told about it! Ex-students keep giving us talks about university, they always say "Freshers' Week is fantastic." Then gabble on about cheap beer and ridiculous stunts. It sounds horrible, as if I wasn't panicked about university anyway...

I was never told about any of that, and never had to experience it.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 24 2008, 11:03 AM BST

You go to a few parties, have a few drinks and get a bit laid. What's the grumble?

Going to a few parties, having a few drinks, and getting a bit laid...

I think I just had one of the most disastrous lunch breaks I've had in many a year. I'm too traumatised to discuss it further at the minute, but I will say it involved dog crap, dog vomit and my trousers.

Sick

Quote: Winterlight @ September 24 2008, 1:22 PM BST

I think I just had one of the most disastrous lunch breaks I've had in many a year. I'm too traumatised to discuss it further at the minute, but I will say it involved dog crap, dog vomit and my trousers.

Talk about a shitty lunch

I do hope you'll tell us all about it when you've recovered!

Elliot, you don't HAVE to do any of that Freshers Week stuff! Just keep out of the way of it. I met all my friends once classes started, not fannying about getting pissed.

I've had to leave work and take to my bed. Man Flu. :(

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 24 2008, 2:07 PM BST

Man Flu. :(

The manliest of flues!

You *cough* knows *splutter* it!

Quote: Curt @ September 24 2008, 2:08 PM BST

The manliest of flues!

Laughing out loud

'I'm ill - get me my laptop!'

Disregarding 'man flu' for the moment, what actually is the difference between the symptoms of a cold and of the flu?
I never know what I've got.