British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 34

Huzzah! Just found out there's a new Graham Joyce this month and a new Neil Gaiman.

Just started reading Jane Eyre.

I've been given Trainspotting... but I'm having to wait till holiday at the end of Oct!

Quote: EllieJP @ September 23 2008, 9:43 PM BST

I've been given Trainspotting... but I'm having to wait till holiday at the end of Oct!

I used to hate that! When I was little my parents would buy me a book but van me from reading it for a week or so until our holiday started. So annoying!

Trainspotting's a brilliant book though, once you get used to the dialect, which didn't take too long. It's even more f**ked up than the film, brilliant!

Well I'm waiting because I'm going on holiday and I want something good to read! I read so quickly I would probably finish it in 2 days.

I hate when you're reading a good book and you're torn between wanting to know what happens, but wanting to 'save' the ending, because then you won't have any more to read! :(

Yer... same here. I often have to read books straight away afterwards so I haven't missed anything. While I was travelling for a whole year I read 52 books and each one was handed on to me or swapped apart from the last Harry Potter. I wrote them all down and they will forever be my travelling books! :)

Aw, that's really nice. One a week though - blimey!

I've still only read the last HP once. I must read them all again!

I read all the Harry Potter's in a week. :)

Cripes!

I read the penultimate one in two days when it first came out and before the final one came out but that's my record!

I know what you mean though about wanting another book to read immediately. I get anxious towards the end of a book if I haven't got another one or two lined up!

Ellie!!! WTF???

Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

Did you not sleeeeeeep?

I know someone who claimed to have read 12 books in a day. Ridiculous!

How long were they?

I asked her if they were Mr Men books but she didn't think that was funny...

'Average paperback' she said - rubbish!

Bollards. That's a whole book every two hours, no sleep. It could be done, by some guy trying to get into the Guinness Book of World Records, maybe. But your friend, she liiiie!