British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,209

Last time I dressed up, I was Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. It wasn't great though...

But I didn't nearly die of a heroin overdose.

Oh wow. That's a good one to do. She's ace.
I like ones where you could almost pass for not actually being in a costume, if you know what I mean.

It's about, oh my god, almost 20 years since I last dressed up for Fasching. I went as the Small Appetite from a rice pudding TV ad.

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 8:14 PM BST

Oh wow. That's a good one to do. She's ace.
I like ones where you could almost pass for not actually being in a costume, if you know what I mean.

Yes - I once went to a birthday party where you had to go as your favourite fictional character. I went as Magenta from TRHPS so looked a bit of a state and everyone else just went as people who made them look really good! :(

Quote: Finck @ September 23 2008, 8:15 PM BST

I went as the Small Appetite from a rice pudding TV ad.

That sounds cute!

Quote: DaButt @ September 23 2008, 7:25 PM BST

Lately it seems that the ladies just want to dress as Sexy Anything. Sexy nurse, sexy nun, sexy maid, sexy librarian, etc. Any excuse to walk around with their undergarments exposed, really.

Sounds like my kinda Halloween!

Quote: JuliaC @ September 23 2008, 8:17 PM BST

That sounds cute!

Yeah, from a grown-up perspective it probably does. For my peers it was a bit too avantgarde.

I'm sure that none of you will be surprised to learn that I have never dressed up.

Rocky Horror and pumpkin pitures prove that I tend to!

I think I'll start dressing up again when I'm sixty plus. There's hardly anything cooler than a senior public nuisance.

I once dressed up as Darth Maul.

It was awesome.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 8:45 PM BST

I'm sure that none of you will be surprised to learn that I have never dressed up.

Would you consider a cowboy hat?
I have one you can borrow...

I once wore a Pink Panther outfit.

I like his biscuits.

For a fancy dress party during Freshers Week, my friend Jim dressed up as the 'zombie' that Alan Partridge dresses up as, shower curtain, digestives and all. It looked f**king brilliant and f**king ridiculous in equal measures.

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 9:13 PM BST

I like his biscuits.

They were more like wafers, weren't they?