British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,207

Weird things happening outside my house:

Yesterday morning two blokes from the gas provider or from the community arrived in a van and started putting up a construction site fence around an Audi that was parked on the street opposite my house.

Then they parked behind the now enclosed car and waited. After a while they drove off. This morning another two men showed up. They got out of their van, saw the enclosed car, called someone on their mobile and drove off again. The Audi's still standing there. Enclosed. Looking sad but forbearing. He's a winner.

Quote: Tuumble @ September 23 2008, 3:04 PM BST

There's a guy who works with me who always brings in two bottles of pop each day. Could be Coke or Lucozade - he must have gas to work a wind turbine.

Blood replaced by Aspartame. What a way to go.

Quote: Finck @ September 23 2008, 3:10 PM BST

Weird things happening outside my house:

Yesterday morning two blokes from the gas provider or from the community arrived in a van and started putting up a construction site fence around an Audi that was parked on the street opposite my house.

Then they parked behind the now enclosed car and waited. After a while they drove off. This morning another two men showed up. They got out of their van, saw the enclosed car, called someone on their mobile and drove off again. The Audi's still standing there. Enclosed. Looking sad but forbearing. He's a winner.

Presumably they could have removed the barrier if they were so inclined. Weird. Perhaps it's an art installation.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ September 23 2008, 3:14 PM BST

Presumably they could have removed the barrier if they were so inclined. Weird. Perhaps it's an art installation.

If it isn't already, it will be tomorrow. For I will add a little explanatory leaflet tonight. :)

Quote: Graham Bandage @ September 23 2008, 3:14 PM BST

Or the guy with the Audi was a barrier salesmen.

There's a house next to the bus stop on my route into town that has just had a new 6 foot wall built at the back to replace a rickety wooden fence. The workman plastered the outside but took the protective metal fence away too soon before the plaster had dried. As a result some yobs had decided to carve expletives all over it and is still there.

Wankers one and all.

Quote: Curt @ September 23 2008, 3:10 PM BST

Blood replaced by Aspartame. What a way to go.

Only if you're retarded enough to drink that diet crap. :P

How long 'till All Hallows Eve?

Longer than tomorrow, but not as far as yesterday.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 4:15 PM BST

The day after tommorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 3:21 PM BST

Only if you're retarded enough to drink that diet crap. :P

I can't stand the taste of diet pop. BLAH!
Now this turnip juice...mm mm good. What? It's carbonated.

Quote: Aaron @ September 23 2008, 4:15 PM BST

That's pretty!

My shop just got Halloweeeeeen stuff!

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 4:20 PM BST

That's pretty!

My shop just got Halloweeeeeen stuff!

I like the idea of Halloween, but it's actually flippin' annoying. Pirate

But you get to carve a pumpkin!
And put a candle in it!

And eat halloween themed cakes!
With green and purple icing. Sick

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2008, 4:24 PM BST

But you get to carve a pumpkin!
And put a candle in it!

And eat halloween themed cakes!
With green and purple icing. Sick

Well, yeah. I guess. :)
At least by then HIGNFY will be back. Huzzah.