British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 33

Aaron, go and smell some books. Then you can join our club.

I just did. :(

It would appear that London books smell the same as script books, but that they smell compleeeeeeeeeetely different from computer books.

*shakes head at self*

Aaron is now in the Book Smelling Club. Whether he wants to be or not.

*breaks down and weeps*

Quote: zooo @ August 18 2008, 1:17 PM BST

But after it's mine, I don't mind if the corners get a little bit bent, or I write inside them.
If someone else did that to my book, I'd kill them!

Yes, totally! I pretty much refuse to lend books to people for that very reason.

That and they never seem to give them back. I once tried to return a borrowed book to a colleague and she said 'No, pass it on to someone else'. :O I couldn't do that.

I hate lending anything to anyone! It always comes back scratched, broken, bent, ripped... Careless bastards.

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2008, 10:51 PM BST

Bastardises, Robyn.

I did it just for you, because I remember you pick up on it before. ;)

:)

I'm reading "The Beautiful and Damned" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. A pattern emerging with my choices yet? It's annoying me that the protagonist is called Anthony, because I keep messing up and thinking of Amory!

Bought a couple of books today. World War Z by Max Brooks, heard it mentioned and recommended on this site previously.

Tales of Ordinary Madness by Charles Bukowski. I have a few of his books, with Post Office being my favourite.

I just finished TBaD, and now I'm thinking what to read next...

I'm reading The Big Bang by one Mr. Slagger.
It's good stuff so far - a real page turner.

I'm reading A Snowball in Hell, the latest Christopher Brookmyre. I love his books!

It is just as funny, clever and exciting as his others, but even darker, which really is saying something...

The Nation by Terry Pratchett. Man's a freaking genius.

Just finished Odd Hours, bit of a let down.

And am sort of rereading What's Left.

I am reading Wonder Boys.
Still.

I bet if I looked back a few pages in this thread I said the same thing.