British Comedy Guide

BSG Meetup Page 131

We got kicked out of our hood by geeks worshipping an arse?

Man that's low.

Quote: sootyj @ September 7 2008, 9:02 PM BST

We got kicked out of our hood by geeks worshipping an arse?

Man that's low.

His masses aren't bad.

Oh god Curt, the avatar and the sig, very nice old bean very nice.

Did no one take photos then?

Aaron took one of me and Ellie - or was that just for personal enjoyment?

Oh god, please don't post it up.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 7 2008, 9:30 PM BST

Oh god, please don't post it up.

I tend to look a bit simple in photos and I have an inability to smile.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 9:31 PM BST

Oh thank god I'm not the only one.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 9:31 PM BST

I was more worried about me... you'll look fine.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 9:29 PM BST

Did no one take photos then?

I took one photo of Aaron. It's going to be my new avatar.

I tried taking one of Ellie but she just gave me the finger.

You said you liked it. ;)

I took 4 without the flash the tried to figure how to turn the falsh on got bored an wandered off.

Just to add to what's already been said, it was great to meet everyone last night. It was a bit surreal seeing so many graphic cartoons come to life though (well, apart from you Seefacts, you do look just like your avatar IMHO!)

Sorry I didn't get to chat to some of you for long, and I missed those that had to depart early. Still, that makes for a good excuse to meet up again. Talking of which...

Ellie offered to organise the next London meet-up - so another will be happening (what do you think: November / December time?) A chance for those that missed this one to get involved in the fun. As has also been mentioned, there will probably be some non-London ones at some point too - perhaps Manchester or Birmingham is a good location? (There's also the Peterborough meet up planned - but that's just for Frostyboy and Winterlight)

I think I managed to do a good job of avoiding all the photos - but that's because I am indeed Harry Enfield's easily startled blonde brother and didn't want to set myself off ;) Actually, I did happily pose with the Arthur Bostrom photo - great idea that!

Cheers everyone for making it a fun evening!

(I got funny looks on the way home as I was playing with the plastic cat from Aaron's party bags!)

p.s. Curt - that avatar is just genius!

Quote: Mark @ September 7 2008, 9:51 PM BST

Just to add to what's already been said, it was great to meet everyone last night. It was a bit surreal seeing so many graphic cartoons come to life though (well, apart from you Seefacts, you do look just like your avatar IMHO!)

Sorry I didn't get to chat to some of you for long, and I missed those that had to depart early. Still, that makes for a good excuse to meet up again. Talking of which...

Ellie offered to organise the next London meet-up - so another will be happening (what do you think: November / December time?) A chance for those that missed this one to get involved in the fun. As has also been mentioned, there will probably be some non-London ones at some point too - perhaps Manchester or Birmingham is a good location? (There's also the Peterborough meet up planned - but that's just for Frostyboy and Winterlight)

I think I managed to do a good job of avoiding all the photos - but that's because I am indeed Harry Enfield's easily startled blonde brother and didn't want to set myself off ;) Actually, I did happily pose with the Arthur Bostrom photo - great idea that!

Cheers everyone for making it a fun evening!

(I got funny looks on the way home as I was playing with the plastic cat from Aaron's party bags!)

p.s. Curt - that avatar is just genius!

Always hate the after chats about these meets...

I'm up for one in November or December... I will have settled into my house then! :D

Mark I'm up for helping with a midland meet up if need be.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:26 PM BST

No one agreed I looked liked my avatar though. The weight of expectation on it must have been huge!

Apart from me. You said I was the first person to say it.

Quote: Finck @ September 7 2008, 8:05 PM BST

Oh, and I think I might be married to Bussell now, 'cause I'd swear we've walked as far as Gretna Green during our little Odyssee home. I suppose there are worse candidates to accidentally get married to, though...

Fred, you have only yourself to blame... Care to spill the beans on Mr. B's living arrangements? I imagine him sitting on a huge throne made of jokes.