British Comedy Guide

BSG Meetup Page 130

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:31 PM BST

I mainly went to the meet to prove I was merely a bit of a tit, rather than a full blown massive arsehole!

Here here. ;)

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 7 2008, 8:31 PM BST

Laughing out loud Well I was at least expecting a nerd-off between us and the Danny Wallace lot!

I made a complete twat of myself by approaching these people when I arrived thinking it was all you lot.

An hour later I was thinking 'A lot of Danny Wallace based chat is going on here . . . Hmmmm?'

I like Danny Wallace. I didn't realise there was going to be a celebrity guest. :(

Maybe one of The Worzels could turn up at a south west meet-up?

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 7 2008, 8:37 PM BST

Maybe one of The Worzels could turn up at a south west meet-up?

Hmm, we could probably stretch to Jon Pertwee.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:26 PM BST

Aaron wasn't the social leper I was expecting, instead he was a highly affable chap.

Really?! I've let myself down. >_<

You do look like your avatar though. Or vice versa.

Just with a less fat head.

Quote: Aaron @ September 7 2008, 8:39 PM BST

Really?! I've let myself down. >_<

You do look like your avatar though. Or vice versa.

I worked for as long as 10 minutes on that avatar. I knew it was accurate!

I know it's incredibly early days, but any idea where the next meet could be? I would love to come to the next one!
:)

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2008, 8:40 PM BST

:D

We didn't speak Zooo! You'd buggered off before I had a proper chance to say hello. So sorry for that.

No, YOU should be sorry!!

I am!

Quote: ian_w @ September 7 2008, 8:39 PM BST

Hmm, we could probably stretch to Jon Pertwee.

I met him once when I was little, he was doing some promotion for (I think) Barrett Homes. Opened a show house. Awesome. He did his Worzel Gummidge voice.

Stephen Merchant grew up about a mile from me, but I can't see him popping in. :)

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting the lot of you. Well done, Aaron, for making it happen. Roll on xmas for the next one!

Quote: Chickenoriental @ September 7 2008, 8:41 PM BST

I know it's incredibly early days, but any idea where the next meet could be? I would love to come to the next one!

See my post a couple of pages back. Explains current plans.

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2008, 8:40 PM BST

Seefacts Slimline. You know, like the DS Lite. Only more ... humamy.

ok, thanks for that!

Oh, and the Danny Wallace lot aren't bigger geeks than us! They're just mental fandom. ;)