British Comedy Guide

BSG Meetup Page 129

Right. I'm off now. 2 minutes battery left. Argh.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:16 PM BST

They were MUCH bigger geeks. I mean, 'How To Start Your Own Country' was o the telly about 2 years ago, yet they still meet on the strength of it.

LOSERS!!

Quote: Finck @ September 7 2008, 8:16 PM BST

Right. I'm off now. 2 minutes battery left. Argh.

Bye Finck! Wave

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2008, 8:17 PM BST

LOSERS!!

:D

Quote: David Bussell @ September 7 2008, 2:50 PM BST

Can I just say that Winterlight is a pleasure to urinate with.

Dave, having now met you, that's such a David Bussell thing to say! I even read it in your voice. How odd.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 7 2008, 3:22 PM BST

The latter...

Has anyone heard from Seefacts or Tim? I'm worried.

I'm alive and well!

I didn't see Tim that morning. Though given we went our separate ways at about 3.30am technically I did.

He does a very good Robert Webb impression too. Though doing it loudly, with lots of swearing about f**king a pot plant made it extra amusing in the middle of a Holiday Inn bar.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:15 PM BST

A bloody long train journey was all it took for me to prove that. It was worth it.

I do love Seefacts... he looks just like his avatar (which he can't draw...pah).

Quote: Finck @ September 7 2008, 8:05 PM BST

It was so nice meeting you all, though the brave men and women who watched over the board during our absence were heartily missed.

Yay! I'm a man.

To be honest, it just seemed like a quiet night. Everyone started turning up again at 10pm. :)

Anyone heard from Gavin? Or has he been towed away by Boris' henchmen whilst asleep in his car?

So it sounds like we're all awesomes then, if you believe the above accounts!

But thanks again to everyone who turned up. It could have been a lot, lot worse. :)

To everyone else, especially Ian, we'll arrange something soon!

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:19 PM BST

I'm alive and well!

I didn't see Tim that morning. Though given we went our separate ways at about 3.30am technically I did.

He does a very good Robert Webb impression too. Though doing it loudly, with lots of swearing about f**king a pot plant made it extra amusing in the middle of a Holiday Inn bar.

Awww I wanted to be hanging around with you two at 3.30am!

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 7 2008, 8:21 PM BST

Anyone heard from Gavin? Or has he been towed away by Boris' henchmen whilst asleep in his car?

A guy jumped off a motorway bridge or something and so he was in his car waiting for 4 hours. He ended up spending the night at his mum's and is home now.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 7 2008, 8:21 PM BST

He text me, he's okay!

Blimey!

Quote: EllieJP @ September 7 2008, 8:20 PM BST

I do love Seefacts... he looks just like his avatar (which he can't draw...pah).

No one agreed I looked liked my avatar though. The weight of expectation on it must have been huge!

I'll also freely admit Ellie that as you've done nothing but talk down your photo I was fully expecting you to be a bit ropey. But you were in fact a closet hotty. So well done on that.

I really enjoyed my night actually.

Aaron wasn't the social leper I was expecting, instead he was a highly affable chap. Mark was ace. Bussell was pure magic dust. Though I think I asked him some weird questions. He does look like Hugh Grant on a crash diet though.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 7 2008, 8:22 PM BST

Awww I wanted to be hanging around with you two at 3.30am!

I was just laughing at the increasingly pissed Doctor as we chatted to a group containing a Phil Mitchell lookalike who I think gave me something to eat. Possibly garlic bread.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:26 PM BST

I'll also freely admit Ellie that as you've done nothing but talk down your photo I was fully expecting you to be a bit ropey. But you were in fact a closet hotty. So well done on that.

:$ Thanks.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 7 2008, 8:26 PM BST

Bussell was pure magic dust. Though I think I asked him some weird questions. He does look like Hugh Grant on a crash diet though.

Very true.

Laughing out loud Well I was at least expecting a nerd-off between us and the Danny Wallace lot!

I'll also thank Winterlight for going:

"So what was it like knowing a million people watched something you'd written"

I hadn't even thought of it that way, but it's quite a big thing when it's put forward like that. Being a tit I played it down to add to my supercool persona.

I mainly went to the meet to prove I was merely a bit of a tit, rather than a full blown massive arsehole!

Quote: EllieJP @ September 7 2008, 8:28 PM BST

:$ Thanks.

That's ok :P