British Comedy Guide

BSG Meetup Page 107

Quote: Winterlight @ September 6 2008, 11:58 AM BST

Im on a train to London as I type!

Mine's in an hour!

Woooooooo!

I would have bee there but I moved from Kent ten years ago to live in Leeds. Can I suggest that there are 'meet ups' planned a month or two in advance. If I knew there was one coming up I could make arrangements.

Have a fantastic time everyone:)

You guys enjoy yourselves. I demand you have fun!

But if not that is okay too, it's your choice......

Quote: Aaron @ September 6 2008, 9:48 AM BST

As I said in a previous post, the engineering work is a bit of a bitch, but there are no total closures. The journey requires a change and a short wait at Island Gardens, rather than being able to get one train all the way through. It's not a big deal. Anyone who decides to go by road instead, is plain foolish!

Only trying to be helpful! And yes, it isn't a big deal (though it might be if you wait for a train at Island Gardens). The DLR is closed on the Lewisham branch, and you should walk through the foot tunnel to Greenwich from Island Gardens, or use local or replacement buses from elsewhere. Have fun!

The tunnel that was one of Brunels first big projects

Quote: sootyj @ September 6 2008, 12:57 PM BST

The tunnel that was one of Brunels first big projects

Yes indeed - great forward thinking from the Brunel fella, to help people get to the BSG Meetup of 2008

n.b. Greenwich railway station from London Bridge seems to be working ok?

Quote: sootyj @ September 6 2008, 1:01 PM BST

n.b. Greenwich railway station from London Bridge seems to be working ok?

yes

lots of options

see TfL website

I really should start planning my journey...

Quote: Winterlight @ September 6 2008, 3:12 PM BST

Are you still going? You're leaving it late aren't you? I would go, but I'm not.

The participants in this meet will be torn between staying to chat face to face and dashing back home to post about it on BSG! Decisions! :)

Quote: Winterlight @ September 6 2008, 3:12 PM BST

Was this just bollocks then?

Quote: Winterlight @ September 6 2008, 11:58 AM BST

Im on a train to London as I type!

Will photographs be taken during the meetup?

I remember a JG Ballard story about a group of people, who tired of only communicating in the virtual world, arranged to meet. Since they lacked all the skills necessary for social intercourse, the meeting turned into a bloodbath as they massacred one another.

Have fun.