British Comedy Guide

BSG Meetup Page 106

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 5 2008, 11:24 PM BST

Not really. I will ring, it will cost me the money and I, who regretably can't be there, can speak to everyone for a few minutes and say hello to everyone.

*Shrug* Fair enough.
:)

Quote: Aaron @ September 5 2008, 10:44 PM BST

Oh I beg to differ.

Oh I get it. I thougt you referring to another comment, but mine. Fair enough, have a nice time, I will sit at home with a bottle of 'White Lighting' and think about the good old days. YOU ALL HAVE A NICE TIME!!!!! >_<

Right, some textual directions, in case anyone needs it.

If you're coming via DLR...

Coming up via the escalators (as opposed to the lift or stairs), you'll be in a kind of crescent lined with shops. There'll be a Subway and Ben & Jerry's opposite on the right, and Carphone Warehouse opposite on the left. Turn to the left and walk straight on, underneath the archway, past Waterstones.

You're then at a junction, and need to cross over the side road and keep walking up the main one (which is one way). At the other end of it is a pedestrian crossing. Use it. You're then at the Admiral Hardy. \o/

Right- Riverting directions Aaron- Now someone PM me a Mobile Number... or the number of the samaritans. :(

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ September 5 2008, 11:22 PM BST

I mean come on, that is slightly cheeky don't you think? Asking for a mobile number so's you can ring in.

What are you some hollywood star who couldn't make it in person to collect his award or summat?

Cue big screen with Jack at his poolside at his crib. "Hi sorry I couldn't be there...."

POOLSIDE AT MY CRIB. I LIKE THAT. Tomorrow, I am attending a conference about text-talk. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 5 2008, 11:39 PM BST

Right- Riverting directions Aaron- Now someone PM me a Mobile Number... or the number of the samaritans. :(

POOLSIDE AT MY CRIB. I LIKE THAT. Tomorrow, I am attending a conference about text-talk. Whistling nnocently

*Slowly backs away from Jack and out of the thread whilst whistling a happy tune*
Whistling nnocently

As I can't be there I'd just like to say I hope the lager's warm and expensive, the pub has to shut early 'cos the cellar's flooded with raw sewage and Aaron gets his nob caught in his zip again.
Meanwhile I shall be playing footy (of a fashion) and then stuck in a f**king rehearsal room for x amount of hours. I shan't be ringing in however 'cos none of you c**ts would ever give me their telephone number. Angry

Have a lovely time Wave hugs and kisses. Me.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 5 2008, 11:31 PM BST

Oh I get it. I thougt you referring to another comment, but mine. Fair enough, have a nice time, I will sit at home with a bottle of 'White Lighting' and think about the good old days. YOU ALL HAVE A NICE TIME!!!!! >_<

Sorry Jack, I was referring to another post - billwill's.

I would give everybody my number, but I hate talking on the phone, so I rarely answer it. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 6 2008, 12:09 AM BST

I would give everybody my number, but I hate talking on the phone, so I rarely answer it. :)

Ditto. Sorry Jack, nothing personal. I am terrified of telephone calls though. I'm sure someone else will provide a number!

Oh right yes. Anyway, I'm not being cheeky or anything like that, but I would seriously love to be there and would just love to have a quick chat with you all. I LOVE THIS FORUM.

Quote: Aaron @ September 5 2008, 11:35 PM BST

Right, some textual directions, in case anyone needs it.

If you're coming via DLR...

..I'd be surprised. Unfortunately there's engineering work on this part of the DLR, but don't worry, there are loads of buses and stuff. Just go to http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/ and they'll sort you out.

Other people have said about Oyster - if you aren't coming back to London soon you're probably better off with a Zone 1-2 Travelcard (which covers all the central area and out as far as Greenwich) - £5.30 from all good London Underground and central station outlets.

Quote: Badge @ September 5 2008, 12:07 AM BST

... that makes me a "possible" for attending some part of the event.

that makes me still a possible

Quote: Badge @ September 6 2008, 1:35 AM BST

..I'd be surprised. Unfortunately there's engineering work on this part of the DLR, but don't worry, there are loads of buses and stuff. Just go to http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/ and they'll sort you out.

As I said in a previous post, the engineering work is a bit of a bitch, but there are no total closures. The journey requires a change and a short wait at Island Gardens, rather than being able to get one train all the way through. It's not a big deal. Anyone who decides to go by road instead, is plain foolish!

Quote: Griff @ September 6 2008, 10:42 AM BST

PhQnix - some pop and crisps outside in the beer garden

Yay! Pop and crisps! Wooo!

I'm just about to leave and it's started to rain. Curse you Aaron! It's not technically your fault, but it's good to get curses in while you can.

I went to my local t-shirt printing shop and they told me it'd take up to a week!!

F**k off, what good is that?!

It's 2008, why can't things get done within the bloody hour!!

Im on a train to London as I type!