British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,102

Quote: Aaron @ September 4 2008, 5:05 PM BST

It's a terrible idea, and an abhorrent waste of public funds. Down with the arts! Angry

What do you think the funding for all those lovely Britcoms are considered? Arts funding my friend. You'd think a die hard patriot like yourself would understand the power that the arts wield over creating loyalists like yourself. ;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 4 2008, 8:04 PM BST

hehe He did it for me. It's awesome me thinks.

Edit; Good one 'Stan'.

Ok... can people either call me Simon or stop putting my BSG name in quote marks. Starting to piss me off.

Funding for arts that I approve of is very very very good.

Funding for shit art is.... shit. Or things chosen purely to match PC guidelines of what they should be funding. Gah.
Like 9 yr old blind lesbians getting 50 grand to do a mural on a council block wall*.

*may not be a real example.

Sorry 'Stan' ;) Last time honest

Quote: zooo @ September 4 2008, 8:14 PM BST

Like 9 yr old blind lesbians getting 50 grand to do a mural on a council block wall*.
*may not be a real example.

If it is a real example I would have to say it would be entertaining to watch. Perhaps not 50 grand worthy but something would have to cover the embarrassment factor of the parents.

Like those elephants that painted flowers.

exactly!! Someone give those Elephants a grant and studio!

Quote: Curt @ September 4 2008, 8:10 PM BST

What do you think the funding for all those lovely Britcoms are considered? Arts funding my friend. You'd think a die hard patriot like yourself would understand the power that the arts wield over creating loyalists like yourself. ;)

The government doesn't fund sitcoms.

Quote: zooo @ September 4 2008, 7:54 PM BST

Aww! Cliff's finally sort of come out. Kind of.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080904/ten-sir-cliff-speaks-about-companion-5f8abb3.html

That's nothing he's not said before though!

Why does the government fund film projects and not sitcoms? Seems a bit one-sided.

Even about the companion? I didn't know he was living with a priest.

I just revised some biology, and got very bored after 45 minutes. :(

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 4 2008, 9:02 PM BST

It gets more exciting when you have to do the practical. Much better than Chemistry - foreplay, pah!

>_<!

Do *not* mention biology practicals!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 4 2008, 9:02 PM BST

You should get back to it imo. I wish I'd tried harder when revising (long, long ago). You can fudge around on here anytime.

Or are you taking a break?

:)

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 4 2008, 9:12 PM BST

You should get back to it imo. I wish I'd tried harder when revising (long, long ago). You can fudge around on here anytime.

Or are you taking a break?

:)

I'm going to fall asleep if I do any more, and don't really want to recite "H+ ions pumped out, creating an electrochemical gradient and negative charge within the guard cell, thus opening the K+ ion channels. This causes a [K+] gradient, reducing the water potential gradient, and meaning water surges into the guard cell, increasing its volume. With the easily flexible outer membrane, and the stiffer inner membrane, this causes the guard cells to bend, opening the stomata." at 9.15 at night, for the 5th time.