British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Mugs! Page 13

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 29 2008, 5:37 PM BST

Reminds me of a story....

When I was very little my parents briefly ran a pub in Peckham. My Dad told me that one night they had a drag queen singing various covers of songs and a bit of comedy. After his/her set, they ask my Mum if he could use the loo. My mum said of course but for his own safety she would rather he used the ladies as some of the blokes who were in that night didn't take kindly to people like him and she didn't want him followed in an beaten up in there. So the drag queen popped into the ladies. Five seconds later he flew out again with a bloody nose followed by my Aunt Lil, shouting "Don't even think about it sonny jim!".

Laughing out loud I love that she called him "sonny jim".

Quote: zooo @ August 29 2008, 5:42 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Your life was just like when they do one of those comedy episodes of Eastenders! Peggy always beats someone up, and someone gets called a slaaaaag.

Excellent.

I come from the classiest of east end families I have to admit.

You should here my Grandad stories.

You should hear my East End Grandad! He's convinced that he was a ringer for The Kray twins when he was younger. He wasn't though!

My Nan used to work with The Kray's mum!

Oh and you know that infamous East End hardnut, Lenny McClean? My mum was in his sister's gang, but that was only so she didn't get beaten up herself!

My Grandad bought me a money box when I was five. It was a yellow safe with a green lock. He took me into a pub and said "Alright lads, this is my grand daughters first money box. I want her saving for the future so she can become a great doctor. Cough up!" and took me all around this oldies who cooed and ahhed at me and stuck loads of money in. Some were even pushing in notes! He then took me to the park and we opened it up. He kept all the notes and I had the coins. We went to the off licence and bought sweets and booze.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 29 2008, 5:56 PM BST

My Grandad bought me a money box when I was five. It was a yellow safe with a green lock. He took me into a pub and said "Alright lads, this is my grand daughters first money box. I want her saving for the future so she can become a great doctor. Cough up!" and took me all around this oldies who cooed and ahhed at me and stuck loads of money in. Some were even pushing in notes! He then took me to the park and we opened it up. He kept all the notes and I had the coins. We went to the off licence and bought sweets and booze.

WOW! Thats a brilliant Idea!

Nice work!

He kept the notes!! :O

Quote: zooo @ August 29 2008, 5:57 PM BST

He kept the notes!! :O

I was five. I thought it was a sweet deal.

Got loads of sweets.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 29 2008, 5:59 PM BST

I was five. I thought it was a sweet deal.

Got loads of sweets.

To kids the noisier something is the more it's worth.

Looking good Nil!

:) It's a bit scary if you ask me. I'll change back in a minute, just waited to join in. :)

You look like Reagan!

*does best Reagan impression* Weell Nancy Ruby....

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 29 2008, 6:17 PM BST

You look like Reagan!

Looks like he's Gary Glitters child abducting idol.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 29 2008, 5:56 PM BST

Laughing out loud great story although could be the reason your not entering medical school right now.