British Comedy Guide

Mugs! Page 2

Quote: Griff @ August 28 2008, 7:26 PM BST

I also tend to buy mugs as souvenirs from foreign trips, so I've got a Kafka mug from Prague, one from Route 66, one from Vegas etc. (You can say what you like about Americans but they make good quality mugs.)

I do that too. Although I always use them.

And in your mug would be?

Pictures Dabutt!!!!!! Pictures!!!!!!!

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 7:19 PM BST

@DaButt - I need photo evidence!!! :)

Let's see if this works ...

:D I'm famous!

Yay! Hiya Ronald. Oh, and look, I'm on tele (well a pc anyway). \0/

Would that be tea? Or coffee?

Quote: DaButt @ August 28 2008, 7:32 PM BST

Ooh, I have a pint glass from The Ronald Reagan Pub, too! If I remember correctly, Reagan visited a pub in Ireland and they named it after him. It closed a few years ago, so they removed the interior and reassembled it at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley. I was overjoyed to see Guinness signs in the distance, but it turned out they were only for show and no beer was served. Angry

The best part of the library is the Reagan-era Air Force One jet. It was fun to walk through such an historic aircraft.

So these aren't so much libraries as museums...?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 7:38 PM BST

Would that be tea? Or coffee?

It would have been coffee in the past, but I found that caffeine gives me heart palpitations, so now I boil water in the microwave for my morning oatmeal.

Quote: Aaron @ August 28 2008, 7:40 PM BST

So these aren't so much libraries as museums...?

Both, actually. All of the former president's papers and other relics of his administration are housed there. Tourists look at the nifty presidential stuff while scholars use the library's holdings for research, etc.

Presidential libraries are massive buildings and the cost (hundreds of millions, I'd suppose) is paid for by private donations.

Quote: DaButt @ August 28 2008, 7:46 PM BST

It would have been coffee in the past, but I found that caffeine gives me heart palpitations, so now I boil water in the microwave for my morning oatmeal.

Bloody hell mate, was it you who was allergic to peanuts aswell? Bummer.

(hundreds of millions, I'd suppose)

I just looked up Clinton's new library - it cost $165 million to construct.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 7:49 PM BST

Bloody hell mate, was it you who was allergic to peanuts aswell? Bummer.

Yeah, and I love coffee and peanuts. :(

:( That sucks!

My bestest mugz.

A very blurry, and therefore postable, pic of me and my fave mug.

Both, actually. All of the former president's papers and other relics of his administration are housed there. Tourists look at the nifty presidential stuff while scholars use the library's holdings for research, etc.

Presidential libraries are massive buildings and the cost (hundreds of millions, I'd suppose) is paid for by private donations.

Ahhh I seee. It sounds like 'archive' would be a far more fitting name for them, but I get the idea. Cool cool. :)

Quote: DaButt @ August 28 2008, 7:51 PM BST

Yeah, and I love coffee and peanuts. :(

That does suck.

Didn't realise Clinton had so many books. ;)

Quote: zooo @ August 28 2008, 8:00 PM BST

A very blurry, and therefore postable, pic of me and my fave mug.

Be still, my beating heart. Lovey

Quote: zooo @ August 28 2008, 8:00 PM BST

But that quarter of you looks so very prettyful!

Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.