British Comedy Guide

Mugs!

... Cups, glasses & tankards etc.

I love tea and therefore have many mugs for drinking the tasty infusion. But there's always a favourite. One I'd rather have above all others. Mine's my Sulley mug;

What's your favourite piece of drinking apparatus? And what's it filled with?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 6:56 PM BST

What's your favourite piece of drinking apparatus?

Something that can contain at least 500ml of liquid.

But you guys know me I'm just centimental like that!

I have one like this. (It never has tea in it though.)

I want these ones.

@ Paul - I figured as much.

@zooo - 'In use' apparatus only, sorry.

I don't drink hot beverages very often but when I do it's out of a Simpsons mug I got in an easter egg when I was aboout 12.

I need to photograph mine, because I don't think it'll be on the internet...*scampers upstairs to look*

That's my mug! :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 7:05 PM BST

@ Paul - I figured as much.

@zooo - 'In use' apparatus only, sorry.

Damn!

I have Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon coffee mugs on my desk. They were purchased as souvenirs during visits to their presidential libraries in California, but my primary intent was to antagonize my ultra-lefty friend and it always worked as planned. Sometimes he'd take me aside and say things like, "You're just buying those to be ironic, aren't you?"

"Yeah," I'd reply. "Or maybe not."

Then I'd walk away to let him think about it.

Too bad we no longer work in the same office. I can hardly wait to pick up a George W. mug at his library. I think it'll make a great office party Christmas gift.

Quote: DaButt @ August 28 2008, 7:13 PM BST

I have Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon coffee mugs on my desk. They were purchased as souvenirs during visits to their presidential libraries in California, but my primary intent was to antagonize my ultra-lefty friend and it always worked as planned. Sometimes he'd take me aside and say things like, "You're just buying those to be ironic, aren't you?"

Ewww, your mug has a Nixon on it.

Quote: Paul W @ August 28 2008, 7:16 PM BST

Ewww, your mug has a Nixon on it.

I'll always blame ol' Tricky Dick for making people spell my surname incorrectly almost 100% of the time.

P.S. Does it make it any better if I clarify that it's the infamous photo of Nixon with Elvis?

I made mine work! Yay!

@Scats - Nice (the link works anyhow). And in it would be? Tea?

@zooo - I want the personal touch.

@DaButt - I need photo evidence!!! :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 7:19 PM BST

@Scats - Nice (the link works anyhow). And in it would be? Tea?

Yep! Or hot chocolate.

Nice. Those little marshmallow thingies can be nice in HC.

Favourite pint glasses welcome (as long as they are yours)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 28 2008, 7:24 PM BST

Favourite pint glasses welcome (as long as they are yours)

Ooh, I have a pint glass from The Ronald Reagan Pub, too! If I remember correctly, Reagan visited a pub in Ireland and they named it after him. It closed a few years ago, so they removed the interior and reassembled it at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley. I was overjoyed to see Guinness signs in the distance, but it turned out they were only for show and no beer was served. Angry

The best part of the library is the Reagan-era Air Force One jet. It was fun to walk through such an historic aircraft.