British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,068

Quote: EllieJP @ August 27 2008, 6:14 PM BST

Ha - well glad I could be of service, but I'm sure someone else would have got it. When do you hand it in?

Just before October half term. I've got to read another Fitzgerald by then, to complete the set which I've enjoyed so much so far; and some more Armitage to widen my span.

Excellent. Well, I was going to suggest Aaron to have a look too.

:( He read some of it, and barfed.

Oh well poo him!

Stick with me and Zooo...we'll help you!

:D Yaaay! That makes it seem so much easier, honestly.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 27 2008, 6:19 PM BST

Oh well poo him!

Stick with me and Zooo...we'll help you!

Unimpressed Unimpressed and me.

:D And Gav goes without saying!

I was wondering if you cut out all of Aaron's spelling and grammar corrections from his 32489 posts whether he'd be into double figures yet.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 27 2008, 11:17 PM BST

I was wondering if you cut out all of Aaron's spelling and grammar corrections from his 32489 posts whether he'd be into double figures yet.

I'm into double figures
Well into them.

EDIT:

That was supposed to be a lesbian pun, but was probably the worst pun ever made, and I know David Chapman! :(

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2008, 12:24 PM BST

I'm no fan of Margeret Thatcher, and didn't rate her as a prime minister, but does anybody else think it's slightly shabby of her daughter, Carol, to talk about her dementia just to try and sell her tawdry little book? If she had an ounce of decency she'd keep her mouth shut and not expose her mothers illness to just to make money. Angry

Yes, I thought that it was a bit questionable to make it public, particularly given that by the very nature of the illness, the subject of it isn't aware that everyone knows.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 27 2008, 5:29 PM BST

Mine's probably more of a mind map now though.

I prefer the term "brainstorm".

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 27 2008, 5:58 PM BST

It's very long, you will all make fun, but here goes!

I'm far too lazy to read your PS, but one of my friends' ones at school was HILARIOUS. He was applying for one of LSE's top economics classes, and wrote about he had good communication and people skills because he'd worked in the showroom for 'Dan Dan The Nissan Man', and on Windsor High Street, handing out free samples of fudge.

We laughed for about a week.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 27 2008, 6:16 PM BST

Just before October half term.

Not going for Oxbridge then?

Those pesky camel spiders are HERE!!

Who is iPhone Girl?

Finck... I love your avatar!!!

Quote: EllieJP @ August 28 2008, 1:38 PM BST

Finck... I love your avatar!!!

Thank you! It's entirely the work of one lovely Mr. Bandage, though.

I wish I could make such nice avatars...

Edit: He made a smile out of my smirk. How lovely is that?!

You look so thoughtful....