British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,067

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 27 2008, 6:02 PM BST

Is it really ok? :( I don't think it focusses enough on my reading interests, but I don't know how to include them without just saying them outright in a list.

It's awesome...but I did have to re read it as "reading" not "Reading"... ;)

Jokes.

No, it's very well written. If you draw on too much you've read you'll end up just writing a list.

Could you quote another favourite saying somewhere else in it though?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 27 2008, 6:04 PM BST

We've written so many joke ones, that it seems so trivial to do them properly now!

It's good I'd hire you. This for Xaviers?

That's bloody fantastic Scats! And such a great ending.

So is it finished, or do you want feedback?

Quote: EllieJP @ August 27 2008, 6:04 PM BST

It's awesome...but I did have to re read it as "reading" not "Reading"... ;)

Jokes.

No, it's very well written. If you draw on too much you've read you'll end up just writing a list.

I don't know...It would mean making up another favourite to be honest! Armitage and Fitzgerald are the only authors I've read in depth. I much prefer to dot around with genres and writers.

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2008, 6:05 PM BST

That's bloody fantastic Scats! And such a great ending.

So is it finished, or do you want feedback?

Feedback please! :D

I'm really not too confident about it.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 27 2008, 6:04 PM BST

"Stop your grining and drop your linen" - Hudson Aliens.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 27 2008, 6:06 PM BST

I don't know...It would mean making up another favourite to be honest! Armitage and Fitzgerald are the only authors I've read in depth. I much prefer to dot around with genres and writers.

Then leave it. It fulfills what you need, and there's such a thing as "too much".

Well it all flows really well, and makes you sound very intelligent and passionate!
One thing, does the first part of this sentence scan correctly?

On the facet regarding to writing, founding and editing the school magazine from year nine upwards has shown me how to write effectively myself.

It's probably just me. I've read it so many times now I can't decide if it's fine and I'm mental.

Shouldn't that be a semi colon after writing?

I have thought it should have a semi-colon instead of the first comma, but I'm not sure if I'm overusing them!

I vote semi colon!

Quote: EllieJP @ August 27 2008, 6:10 PM BST

Shouldn't that be a semi colon after writing?

See. :) Changed now.

Go me \o/

I literally picked up on that sentence when I was scanning before posting, and am *so* glad that you confirmed it for me.

Ha - well glad I could be of service, but I'm sure someone else would have got it. When do you hand it in?

Yay! We were useful!