British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,064

Quote: JuliaC @ August 26 2008, 11:33 PM BST

\o/ Yay - Coupling! :D
Well done Finck!

Thank you!

I knew you'd appreciate a Coupling reference. :)

Quote: JuliaC @ August 26 2008, 11:34 PM BST

That's ace!

I'm so glad I was naive and asked now!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 26 2008, 11:36 PM BST

I'm so glad I was naive and asked now!

What could possibly be naive about that? I'd ask you for a translation, too, should you ever choose let's say a Spanish speaking avatar. :)

Mafalda at the ready!

So my Grandparents came to see my flat last night, and after dinner I decided I'd drive them back to their hotel near St James' Park, as they were really tired and I didn't want them to tube it back. Anyway, ended up pretty much seeing every single London tourist site in the centre of London. There's me pretending I did it on purpose, actually I was lost, but got them home in the end. :)

Oh and I'm here in work early because the air con people are in. Grrr

Quote: EllieJP @ August 27 2008, 8:29 AM BST

So my Grandparents came to see my flat last night, and after dinner I decided I'd drive them back to their hotel near St James' Park, as they were really tired and I didn't want them to tube it back. Anyway, ended up pretty much seeing every single London tourist site in the centre of London. There's me pretending I did it on purpose, actually I was lost, but got them home in the end. :)

Oh and I'm here in work early because the air con people are in. Grrr

I have an almost superhuman ability to get lost, even with my SatNav.

I say lost - I knew where I was, but thanks to one way streets I couldn't get to their hotel.

I always find my way - it's really flukey!

I have spent 45 minutes on a floor in a hotel trying to find the lifts or the stairs (I'm that bad!).

I was in a club in London, which took 20 minutes to get out of. But I think that had more to do with it being so massive and me being so drunk. :S

I just walked through a field full of cows. They all stopped what they were doing and stared at me. It was a bit like that scene in An American Werewolf In London in The Slaughtered Lamb, only with cows and not yokels. And a field and not a pub.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2008, 10:35 AM BST

I just walked through a field full of cows. They all stopped what they were doing and stared at me. It was a bit like that scene in An American Werewolf In London in The Slaughtered Lamb, only with cows and not yokels. And a field and not a pub.

Were you there for a drink though? :O

I'm no fan of Margeret Thatcher, and didn't rate her as a prime minister, but does anybody else think it's slightly shabby of her daughter, Carol, to talk about her dementia just to try and sell her tawdry little book? If she had an ounce of decency she'd keep her mouth shut and not expose her mothers illness to just to make money. Angry

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2008, 12:24 PM BST

I'm no fan of Margeret Thatcher, and didn't rate her as a prime minister, but does anybody else think it's slightly shabby of her daughter, Carol, to talk about her dementia just to try and sell her tawdry little book? If she had an ounce of decency she'd keep her mouth shut and not expose her mothers illness to just to make money. Angry

My sentiments exactly.

Old bag found in airport handling centre.

That's wonderful!

At no point did the check-in person say: 'No, that's not what I meant, get off'? Or similar!