British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,060

Quote: David Chapman @ August 26 2008, 8:38 PM BST

Don't forget your binoculars.

I know haha, it's a shit shit venue, but it'll probably be the smallest venue I'll get to see them at unfortunately. Unless your prediction comes true and they're playing the Boom Boom club in years to come.

With a bit of luck, you won't be able to hear them either.

The Naked Post

This is my 1000th post and I've decided to honour the occasion with a round of celebratory (not cerebral!) nakedness.

First, some naked lines:

Verrry nice.

Here's a picture of my clothes hanging over a chair (and yes, I like men's clothing):

Some maybe not that amusing facts about the word naked:

- It's 'nackt' in German, or 'nackig'. Someone who's naked is called a 'Nackedei'.
- There has been a "Naked War" between Germany and Poland, also known as "The Battle of Usedom Beach". Apparently.
- At least half of the knowledge assembled in my probably quite pretty (think Sooty pretty) but otherwise useless brain has been elicited from British sitcoms. Therefore I know (as does JuliaC) what happens after thrice saying the word 'naked'. I hope it works just as well when it is read.
- The colour 'nude' is a big fat lie.
- There's a movie called 'Nackt' with Heike Makatsch in it, who is very, very cute and who also had a small role in 'Love Actually'.
- 'Naked' is 'Dekan' read backwards, the latter being one of the highest offices to reach in a German university. The former is the highest.

And, finally, here's a picture of me naked (being my usual shy self):

Disgusting, eh?

I'll keep adding to this post at my pleasure.

Now be naked and celebrate, my far away friends!

Laughing out loud Brilliant. Wunderbar.

Yaaaay! Congrats Finck! *gives celebratory cape*

Yay! An original Robyn cape!!

Can't wear at the moment, though. Due to the celebratory nakedness. :)

Of course! It can chameleon though!

Quote: Graham Bandage @ August 25 2008, 11:55 AM BST

I wonder if Aaron's been in the loft yet.

Indeed I have.

... Why do you think it's been so long since I've been back? Teary

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2008, 12:01 PM BST

I want pictures!!

Of everything!!

EVERYthing? ;)

Quote: dannyjb1 @ August 25 2008, 12:02 PM BST

*Get's camera out*

gets*

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 26 2008, 9:03 PM BST

Of course! It can chameleon though!

Oooo. I can switch it to Emperor's New Clothes mode. Yay!

Quote: Finck @ August 25 2008, 4:18 PM BST

Now tell us everything. With all the little details that you'll only disclose after we've bugged you about it for half an hour. :)

I read that as "buggered". Errr

There's some quite funny me pictures now! Laughing out loud

Aaron's interrupting my naked celebrations. :(

Can't you catch up later? When my post count is a bit further away from 1000?

Quote: Charly @ August 25 2008, 5:35 PM BST

Friends! Comrades! Countrypersons! I'm back from my holiday and I need to catch up. What's been happening?

Well I made friends with three kitties today. :)

Quote: Charly @ August 25 2008, 6:23 PM BST

By the way...
I read in todays Daily Mail that some woman called Mariella Frostrup has attacked Have I Got News For You for being "sexist", saying that women are only brought on to be ridiculed by "testostorone fuelled team captains Ian Hislop and Paul Merton". Piffle!!!!
Who is with me?

I am.

Quote: PhQnix @ August 25 2008, 6:29 PM BST

I don't recognise him without the beard. He gave a whole interview on BBC3 before I realised who he was.

I didn't even know he was sporting facial hair.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 25 2008, 10:29 PM BST

Riot police at the Notting Hill Carnival? What a surprise!

I wouldn't go if you paid me.

For something which was supposedly established to foster black-white cross-community relations, I cannot think of a single other event where I would feel more out of place or unsafe than the Notting Hill Carnival.

And I used to live in Notting Hill. (Well, just outside it at least.)

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 25 2008, 11:01 PM BST

Just saw a documentary about how much banks are ripping us off. 13 billion in bonuses directors in the city took last year. In bonuses.

Did they say if these are high-street banks, or even banks at all? Or just directors?

City*

*sings* Happy 1000th to me, happy 1000th to me, happy 1000th, lonesome Fincky, happy 1000th to me.

Awww! I still love you Finck!