British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,038

Quote: Graham Bandage @ August 19 2008, 9:38 AM BST

What? You mean it's true?

Hang on, did she give you the number?

No they rang the office to confirm that she worked here.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2008, 9:57 AM BST

No they rang the office to confirm that she worked here.

Hmmm.

Quote: Finck @ August 19 2008, 9:43 AM BST

Poor Ellie's receptionist.

I don't understand how they could possibly accuse her. She'd hardly have reported her phone missing, if she was the thief. Or she'd have claimed the handbag as well.

She's pretty angry about it... She's complaining at the moment because they were really mean to her.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2008, 10:00 AM BST

She's pretty angry about it... She's complaining at the moment because they were really mean to her.

Well, she would, wouldn't she? I mean, who'd believe her if she let it lie now?

I reckon you should say you're really angry on her behalf and you're going to phone them to give them a piece of your mind. She'll try to talk you out of it.

Hahah - give her some slack! You'd be a nasty manager. Maybe I'm too soft.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2008, 10:00 AM BST

And she's right about it. She should write a formal complaint.

I think she is. Poor girl.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2008, 10:03 AM BST

Hahah - give her some slack!

Ellie, you said she's late all the time! When you're really late, you need a really good excuse.

Think about it. How would ringing you at work be proof of innocence to the heavies at the tube station? Like people with jobs never steal? I've got a biro at home which proves otherwise.

Thief thief! *points*

Quote: Graham Bandage @ August 19 2008, 10:08 AM BST

Ellie, you said she's late all the time! When you're really late, you need a really good excuse.

Think about it. How would ringing you at work be proof of innocence to the heavies at the tube station? Like people with jobs never steal? I've got a biro at home which proves otherwise.

Well, then she should definitely be encouraged to write a complaint. To see how far she's willing to go with it.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2008, 10:10 AM BST

Thief thief! *points*

I've chewed the end. It's mine now.

I've seen the written complaint. It's all good. :)

Anyway - moving on to other things to piss me off. Ooops wrong thread.

Although I was accused of drinking cider this morning. I must stink. Although, I've not drank alcohol for 4 days now. Which is a record what with the weekend just gone.

Who accused you of drinking cider? How did the accusation manifest itself?

I am drinking some of that "Monster" energy drink which is in a huge black can, which has resemblance of a cider can apparently.

Ah. Fair enough, then.