British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,037

Well, she's under my charge, but the company's receptionist. Says a lot for my management skills.

Ellie, not even you can make the Tube run on time.

She's ALWAYS late!

I can't stand tardiness. It really annoys me.

If I say to meet at a time, it doesn't mean to turn up 10 minutes late.

Cor, I really am in a bad mood. Woe anyone who decides to cross me today.

By the way, could you possibly record the bollocking you give the receptionist and post it somewhere as an MP3?

Ha - I don't like being angry.

But I'm already pissed off, and I don't think being late is going to help my mood.

In fact... I seem to be turning green.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

... aaaanndd relax.

IT'S TOO LATE. I'M NOW THE HULK! AND THE STUPID AIR CON PEOPLE MADE A MISTAKE AND THEY'RE NOT COMING IN, AND MY RECEPTIONIST ISN'T HERE STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did she ever turn up?

Quote: Graham Bandage @ August 19 2008, 9:23 AM BST

Did she ever turn up?

Looks like someone's turned up. Or Ellie has exploded in a burst of hulkness.

Yep... I feel bad now. Unless she's an excellent liar this is a great story.

She was on the tube, and when she got off she realised she'd left her phone on the tube. She went to report it and while she was filling out forms a guy walks in with a little hand bag saying that it had been left on the tube. Inside was my receptionist's phone, plus another phone, a passport, a couple of different people's bank cards etc. She said that that was her phone, but then they guards started accusing her of being a thief and saying that the hand bag was hers. So they detained her for a while. She's here now.

Am I extremely gullable?

It sounds plausible. But then, criminals are quite cunning... ;)

Yep. Complete rubbish. Tell her you're going to phone the tube station and give them a bollocking. Watch her face turn the colour of boiled shite.

Actually, I just spoke to them. It's funny how my temper can subside quite quickly.

What? You mean it's true?

Hang on, did she give you the number?

Poor Ellie's receptionist.

I don't understand how they could possibly accuse her. She'd hardly have reported her phone missing, if she was the thief. Or she'd have claimed the handbag as well.