British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 990

Quote: Aaron @ August 11 2008, 7:06 PM BST

The whole education system is bollocks. Years spent learning the answers to tests, not actually learning.

Or you learn how to play a system. Which is even more valuable.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 11 2008, 7:08 PM BST

Yes! Exactly! Exams just test your ability to do exams.

True. Are you taking a year out before uni?

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 11 2008, 7:11 PM BST

True. Are you taking a year out before uni?

Nope. I'm really looking forward to going and being able to really work on what I love.

Cool - then the education system is working. I guess it's better than child labour. But more expensive.

It's just with English Literature that I'm this keen. I'd like to continue history too, but I can't really.

You might be able to do a couple of History modules a year - I did a couple of Philosophy and Creative Writing ones. Uni is great.

I was going to do a Joint Honours degree, but decided against it for the sake of my personal statement - and sanity.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 11 2008, 7:26 PM BST

I was going to do a Joint Honours degree, but decided against it for the sake of my personal statement - and sanity.

I think you might be too late there... :(

:$ What gave away my vast craziness?

:)

Might be easier to ask what didn't ;)

Say it was the cape. Say it was the cape. Say it was the cape.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Finck @ August 11 2008, 7:34 PM BST

Say it was the cape. Say it was the cape. Say it was the cape.

Whistling nnocently

Teary You said you liked the cape!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 11 2008, 7:36 PM BST

Teary You said you liked the cape!

I love the cape. I was just trying to convince you that it's better to keep your superpowers from the public. I'm still hoping you might one day run for Prime Minister without the cape, because it will be an easier victory. Sometimes it's for the best to have two separate identities.

Haha! I'm not running for Prime Minister - let's just leave it as that for the foreseeable future?

It was the cape. Crazy *does crazy sign twirling finger by head*

I knew it! *slaps thigh*