Dum de dum de dah.. Whistling nnocently

Mostly nice things I believe! :)

You wazzock.

Yes, it does have a c.

*writes it down*

Sticks and stones Zooo.

Well I hope those poor kids are thinking that after your harsh, harsh words :(

;)

Awful brats! Especially the boy with the curly hair! Six of the best required there! ;)

What I disliked most about the show was the sheer West London middle-classness of it! So-o-o-o predictable..

He was the least good, but still ace. In my opinion!

I bet you just hate all kids. :)

What's wrong with the middle classes?? They have every right to be sitcommed! :D

Although to be fair, I sometimes think if I have to sit through another flipping dull gritty comedy about a working class family of skanks like Shameless I'll top myself.

Not at all. I used to be one! (a kid) arf! arf!

It was the smug middle-classness of it all that grated most.

I like kids. But I like kids to be kids - and not treated like little adults. I don't think having kids in sitcoms works. They aren't funny for the right reasons. Teenagers maybe, but not kids.

What's wrong with the middle classes?

Gee.. just about everything. The smugness and the 'I'm alright Jack-ness' - pension sorted - old clothes to the charity shop - etc. :(

Having said that, the middle classes are not as bad as benefit scrounging chavs! :)

Are you jealous? :(

They can't help being smug, innit.

The youngest girl was just awesome. Totally just being a kid, not being treated as an adult at all. More so than in any other TV show, as she made up most of her lines herself on the spot.

I'm not jealous of the middle classes, no. I had all that stuff and was surrounded by them for yonks. No they can't help being smug, but I didn't like their smugness and still don't.

Re 'Outnumbered', I can't remember the dialogue. I'll take your word for it, that it was well done, but I don't recall anything but cringing at it! I did make an effort with that show. But it wasn't for me. Maybe when I grow up I'll like it ... like cabbage? :)

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2008, 1:30 AM BST

Although to be fair, I sometimes think if I have to sit through another flipping dull gritty comedy about a working class family of skanks like Shameless I'll top myself.

:D

Quote: Frankie Rage @ August 5 2008, 1:36 AM BST

What's wrong with the middle classes?

Gee.. just about everything. The smugness and the 'I'm alright Jack-ness' - pension sorted - old clothes to the charity shop - etc. :(

You're a weirdo! How is trying to do something helpful 'smug'?

(This should really be in the General Discussion forum now.)

The middle-classes don't take their old clothes to charity shops to help, silly! Whatever gave you that idea? Laughing out loud

Stick it in whatever thread you like, old bean. :)

Sorry, that's rude. What I meant was, please redirect my posts to another thread if you wish, but I'm all done here!!!

Cheers, mate! Frankie xxx

P.S. Of all the classes, I think I prefer the upper classes (as long as they have gainful employment!!!) Fx

Quote: David Chapman @ August 5 2008, 12:33 AM BST

Are you from Dorking or is that what you do?

I live many miles from Dorking and I don't Dork (intentionally).

In the last episode when she was leaving home that was one of the places where she said she may be going.

I only saw the last episode of the series but I recorded it and I've watched it many times - it's always as funny as the first time. I hope the other episodes are as good. I was surprised that the BBC didn't repeat the series but I suppose there was no room because Graham Norton was on every soddin' night with "Strictly come this and whatever else". Look out for "Strictly come watching paint dry" and repeats of "F**k off, I'm a hairy woman".

Anyway, ordered the DVD and looking forward to the new series.

Ah, the last episode was probably the weakest of the lot I think.

Well, that's good to know. If the other episodes are better than the last, I think the DVD will be worth every penny.

Sorry about my rant before but the schedules are filled with so much dross and when anything decent comes along the BBC seems to shelve it. I exclude the documentaries which are usually excellent and those in HD, spectacular.