British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 89

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 7th October 2024, 12:53 PM

Ooooh, Miss Jones, Miss Jones.
Mine is better.

No..............that is rubbish - Steve's, though not perfect, was nearer the mark by far

All right... Ooooh Miss Jones, Miss JONES.
I also do a great impersonation of Mr Ross, my old physics teacher.

Quiz 327. A few easy ones and a few bloody obscure ones...
5/10 for me. I knew 1, 2 and 9 for definite (I quite liked that Zoe Lyons gameshow), 4 was a guess, and 5 was an 'educated' guess.

1, 2, 4, 5, 9

Well I got 8/10 & 2/5 but no idea how as none of it apart from Carry On films is really my cup of comedy tea.

7/10 for me. Didn't get numbers 2, 3 or 8.

4 and (I think) Fanny Adams. I knew the first two and then they were all guesses.

Great fun! 8 out of 10, 2 out of 5.

Quiz 327

Bloody Hell!! 9 out of 10 and 4 out of 5 - my best score ever, but have to admit some were educated guesses - the answers were there in the choices if you thought about it

Didn't get 8 or 15, neither of which I had heard of

Managed 7/10 and 1/5 this time. Like Herc I managed to work a couple of answers out from careful reading of the answer options, but not helped by a pop-up ad which refused to pop down and obscured some of one question's answers and part of the following question.

Quiz 328 by Hercules, look!

7/10 for me. First five questions I knew, then was fairly sure of the Porridge remake one, and the Psychoville one was a lucky guess.

The only reason I knew the author of the book in question 3 was that I remembered you (Herc) mentioning it on the forum a while back!

As is sometimes the case with these quizzes, a question about a sitcom I hadn't thought about for years, in this case No Place Like Home that I remember when I was about 10 years old...

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9.

Just 4/10 and 2/5 for me, Herc's definitely cranked up the hardness, as I used to score well on his quizzes. ☚ī¸

Good stuff!
7 out of 10, 3 out of 5

6/10. Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 & 10 correct.

7/10 and 2/5 for me today, a few comedy areas I've not really ventured into before in the quiz this time. Thanks Herc 🙂

Got 1-2, 4-5, 7, 9-10, 12, 14 correct.

3 and 1 but all guesses except the first and last one. Still, I suppose that knowing about Alan Partridge and George Harrison's chum and not knowing about Last of the Summer Wine is pretty cool.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th October 2024, 6:53 AM

Herc's definitely cranked up the hardness

I wish you'd stop encouraging me like that.