British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,311

Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Sky Arts.

Each half hour story is top and tailed by the man himself. It's worth watching for those alone as he is a very funny man.

Have loads of his box-sets

No one else finds this as funny as me. It's the delivery. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnz7LApE0PY&t=16s&pp=ygUZQWxleGVpIHNheWxlIFBhdWwgZGFuaWVscw%3D%3D

😂

Oh good, one person does. It's the way he acts impressed by 'this unlikely little man'.

I haven't really seen him on anything for years, forgot how funny he was.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd October 2024, 7:09 PM

Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Sky Arts.

Each half hour story is top and tailed by the man himself. It's worth watching for those alone as he is a very funny man.

I watched one last night that I'd seen a version of Tales of the Unexpected of a few weeks ago.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd October 2024, 12:57 PM

I haven't really seen him on anything for years, forgot how funny he was.

"People often say to me, 'Alexei what is alternative new wave Marxist comedy?' & I say: SOD OFF YOU NOSEY BASTARD!"

There was a steady decline after the second series of Stuff. By Merry-Go-Round he'd done six series and no-one is funny for that long. Merry-Go-Round wasn't total and utter f**king shit, but you could see he'd patently run out of steam and was just desperate to fill the time.

Nightsleeper. David Threlfall wearing a Slaughter and the Dogs "Where have all the Bootboys gone".

Tales of the Unexpected - Death in the Morning. Cherie Lunghi starring from 1982. She looks very young, which she was. The first thing I saw her in was the Manageress which was 1989 - 90.

Intrigued to see she was in one episode of the Valliant Varneys in 1964 when she was 12.

Threads (1984) on BBC 4

Watched a Jonathan Creek on one of the U channels, followed by Ludwig - what more mystery could you want in an evening's viewing

Worked the Ludwig one out about the same time as he did (probably using his hints 😁), but couldn't remember how the Creek one finished, and don't remember Alan Davies and Caroline Quentin "getting it on" as much as they do - like little bunny rabbits they are. 🐰🐰

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th October 2024, 10:28 PM

Threads (1984) on BBC 4

Same. Never seen it before.
Now I get all the Mitchell and Webb sketches about staying indoors.

I'm probably missing something but are they suggesting Russia nuclear bombed Sheffield rather than London?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th October 2024, 11:18 PM

and don't remember Alan Davies and Caroline Quentin "getting it on" as much as they do - like little bunny rabbits they are. 🐰🐰

Shouldn't be allowed! Thank goodness Ludwig isn't doing such things.

Quote: zooo @ 9th October 2024, 11:19 PM

Shouldn't be allowed! Thank goodness Ludwig isn't doing such things.

Dunno, I keep wondering how long it will be before he gets his sister in law in between the sheets - always had a yearning for Anna Maxwell Martin, ever since I saw her in Bleak House. There's just something about her that attracts me 💏