British Comedy Guide

Online/Virtual Friendships/Relationships Page 4

Quote: ian_w @ March 27, 2008, 5:06 PM

Yup. I'm in love with Aaron.
I bought some fruit pastals and opal fruits the other day and they made me cry.

Aside from the typographical errors, Lovey.

Quote: roscoff @ March 27, 2008, 6:39 PM

Better have sooty and Ian take a look at that for you!

Da boys from da hood?

Teary Touched

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 7:53 PM

Aside from the typographical errors, Lovey.

Quote: Gavin @ March 27, 2008, 7:03 PM

Nigel Kelly: New Romantic.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: EllieJP @ March 27, 2008, 3:07 PM

What are everyone's views on online friendships? Are they real?

Can forums be likened to a work place/pub community?

Can you fall in love (for real) online?

Yes to all - The last one can be more genuine than a 'real life' relationship as you get to know the person 'before' you boff their brains out.

Quote: SlagA @ March 27, 2008, 8:00 PM

(Online) you get to know the person 'before' you boff their brains out.

So SlagA puts out on the first date.

I'm both sexually incontinent and incompetent. Teary

Yes he does :$

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 8:08 PM

So SlagA puts out on the first date.

To add my pennies worth,

I think you can fall for someone and their personality online but at the end of the day I think you still have to fancy that person within a relationship so it has to stand up to actually meeting and attraction as well.

It’s sort of a reversal of meeting in a pub/club where that is how attractive you find them first and if you date after that you find out how compatible you both are. But on line you sort of find out about them first then the attractiveness comes later.

Hope that all makes sense and it's not just some mad ramble.

Lee

Makes perfect sense, Lee.

And it's not just a new thing either. Didn't Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning fall in love by writing to each other for years in the 1800s?

Someone like that anyway.

I read that as 'Branning' and wondered why the hell you were talking about EastEnders again. :-/

Dot and Jim?!
They sleep in separate beds thankyouverymuch.

Quote: SlagA @ March 27, 2008, 8:10 PM

I'm both sexually incontinent and incompetent. Teary

I'm sexually incoherent.

You'd better get on and practice then zooo! :O

Zooo mate, yes I think you are correct after her poems were published he started writing to her, I think? don't quote me on that one. I am just a humble geordie...actually she was from up my way.

There was some kind of penpal situation involving poets. That's all I know!

Does anyone remember that sketch on Lee and Herring (was it?) with Anthony Hopkins writing letters to women, always signing off, I'm wanking as I write this.
Funniest thing ever.

Quote: Lee Brown @ March 27, 2008, 8:18 PM

To add my pennies worth,

I think you can fall for someone and their personality online but at the end of the day I think you still have to fancy that person within a relationship so it has to stand up to actually meeting and attraction as well.

It’s sort of a reversal of meeting in a pub/club where that is how attractive you find them first and if you date after that you find out how compatible you both are. But on line you sort of find out about them first then the attractiveness comes later.

Hope that all makes sense and it's not just some mad ramble.

Lee

But usually in real life if the person is attractive enough people will do their utmost to pretend (to themselves) that they love his/her personality.