British Comedy Guide

Alma's Not Normal Page 6

New 2nd series starts Monday 7 October - Whoopee! Love it

I just can't believe that you're still watching what, they put out on the television these days. Instead of watching classic, funny sitcoms on streaming or dvd.

I admire your bravery. Must be tough going?

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 29th September 2024, 12:42 AM

I just can't believe that you're still watching what, they put out on the television these days. Instead of watching classic, funny sitcoms on streaming or dvd.

You won't get a bigger fan than me of The Lad, and your nom de plume speaks volumes

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 29th September 2024, 12:42 AM

As I think I said at the Brighton Conference:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th March 2022, 8:49 PM

Having suffered the agony of Fleabag, Mum and Hold The Sunset in recent years - to name but three - I have resolved to watch no more new sitcoms. Life's too short to waste time trying out new stuff when there's DVDs and repeats of Hancock's Half Hour, Bilko, Dad's Army, Are You Being Served and Hi-de-Hi to catch up on.

Alma's Not Normal is great. So was Fleabag.

I agree. (nearly choked me that)

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 29th September 2024, 11:23 AM

So was Fleabag.

Well, whenever I tried to watch it, it was either about periods or miscarriages, neither of which are my idea of any sort of entertainment. Let alone comedy.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th September 2024, 7:29 PM

Well, whenever I tried to watch it, it was either about periods or miscarriages, neither of which are my idea of any sort of entertainment. Let alone comedy.

There is one joke about periods in Fleabag.
Half the population experience periods at some point. The other half are affected by women having them. Odd to pretend they don't exist at all or that nobody is affected by them.
I guess you prefer endless jokes about Mrs Slocombe's pussy! I was never a big fan of such humour.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 29th September 2024, 9:11 PM

Odd to pretend they don't exist at all or that nobody is affected by them.

Oddly enough, I don't recall saying any of that at all.

I was too harsh. You don't have to like Fleabag, of course.
It is a great series though.

I thought you were on your period.

There is one joke about periods in Fleabag.
Half the population experience periods at some point. The other half are affected by women having them. Odd to pretend they don't exist at all or that nobody is affected by them.
I guess you prefer endless jokes about Mrs Slocombe's pussy! I was never a big fan of such humour.

I have gone off Mrs Slocombe's pussy. I am more a fan of Hattie Jacques's cheese wodge these days.

I guess you prefer endless jokes about Mrs Slocombe's pussy!

Yes please!

And I am unanimous in that

I'm starting to watch Series 2. I know I've seen only parts of Series 1 but hopefully that won't matter too much.