British Comedy Guide

Crisps! Page 3

I always feel I'm less likely to chip a tooth or lose a filling on a quaver as opposed to an ordinary crisp. I certainly once did so once on a dorito (is that what they were called?), which I'd never had before (or since) and which looked very risky from the outset but they'd been brought on a picnic for me by friends so I didn't like to refuse. Regretted it immediately.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th September 2024, 7:22 PM

I always feel I'm less likely to chip a tooth or lose a filling on a quaver as opposed to an ordinary crisp. I certainly once did so once on a dorito (is that what they were called?), which I'd never had before (or since) and which looked very risky from the outset but they'd been brought on a picnic for me by friends so I didn't like to refuse. Regretted it immediately.

Yeah, that's happened to me more than once (not on Doritos specifically though).
I stay clear of Pork Scratchings/Pork Crackles which are like biting on granite... Luckily, they also taste like it, so I am less likely to be tempted.

For old-school ones not made anymore, I remember liking Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard.

Some crisps aren't crisps really though, more corn snacks
Your Frazzles Quavers, Skips etc
DO they need their own thread or are they considered Crisps like a Tomato is considered a vegetable?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th September 2024, 7:22 PM

I certainly once did so once on a dorito (is that what they were called?),

Very good with dips, which I have a selection dish of with a bag of Doritos at Christmas, when the diet goes out the window

Quote: a plate @ 29th September 2024, 8:38 PM

I stay clear of Pork Scratchings/Pork Crackles which are like biting on granite... Luckily, they also taste like it, so I am less likely to be tempted.

Absolutely. Teeth breaker and they taste foul. Also don't look inviting when they still have bristles and hairs on them 🤢