British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,852

He is one of the old style conservatives - from before the party became just a Reform style wannabe party full of people prattling on about wokeness and other populist shite

He can see his party has been overtaken by bloody idiots

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th September 2024, 4:54 PM

He is one of the old style conservatives - from before the party became just a Reform style wannabe party full of people prattling on about wokeness and other populist shite

He can see his party has been overtaken by bloody idiots

And another one who has had enough....

Baroness Warsi, 53, said in a statement: "It is with a heavy heart that I have today informed my whip and decided for now to no longer take the Conservatives' whip.

"This is a sad day for me. I am a Conservative and remain so but sadly the current Party are far removed from the Party I joined and served in Cabinet.

"My decision is a reflection of how far right my Party has moved and the hypocrisy and double standards in its treatment of different communities."

It is with a heavy heart that I have today informed my whip and decided for now to no longer take the @Conservatives whip.
This is a sad day for me.
I am a Conservative and remain so but sadly the current Party are far removed from the Party I joined and served in Cabinet."

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th September 2024, 6:37 PM

And another one who has had enough....

Baroness Warsi, 53, said in a statement: "It is with a heavy heart that I have today informed my whip and decided for now to no longer take the Conservatives' whip.

"This is a sad day for me. I am a Conservative and remain so but sadly the current Party are far removed from the Party I joined and served in Cabinet.

"My decision is a reflection of how far right my Party has moved and the hypocrisy and double standards in its treatment of different communities."

It is with a heavy heart that I have today informed my whip and decided for now to no longer take the @Conservatives whip.
This is a sad day for me.
I am a Conservative and remain so but sadly the current Party are far removed from the Party I joined and served in Cabinet."

How has it changed since she was in the cabinet?

Naomi Campbell allegedly taken money from charities to fund her lifestyle.

If guilty she should be made to pay it back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c70zn97q1n8o

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th September 2024, 6:37 PM

sadly the current Party are far removed from the Party I joined and served in Cabinet.

"My decision is a reflection of how far right my Party has moved

Maybe she joined the wrong party in the first place.

I always naively thought that the Conservative Party was supposed to be a right of centre party. It's about time the electorate had a real choice between left and right. It won't happen of course but...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th September 2024, 7:47 PM

Maybe she joined the wrong party in the first place.

I always naively thought that the Conservative Party was supposed to be a right of centre party. It's about time the electorate had a real choice between left and right. It won't happen of course but...

They did,
Reform got 5 seats.

And the way both the major parties are going, it will be a lot more next time.

Meanwhile Nigel Farage is spending this week at the Nomad Capitalist event in Malaysia which: "helps successful entrepreneurs legally reduce taxes"

I'm sure the good folk of Clacton are pleased he is busy spending his valuable time looking for ways for millionaires to avoid paying taxes

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th September 2024, 8:23 PM

And the way both the major parties are going, it will be a lot more next time.

Depends how Far-Right the new leader takes the Tories.

Reform UK aren't the answer to anything. If you lament the state of the two major political parties and think Reform UK can save you - clickbait grifters who go on endless freebies to the US and can't even be bothered serving their own British constituents - then you aren't paying attention.

5 seats but 13% of the total vote for a fledgling party is a good start.
Watch out for S Goodlad MP next time.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th September 2024, 7:08 AM

5 seats but 13% of the total vote for a fledgling party is a good start.
Watch out for S Goodlad MP next time.

Well, let's be honest, they're not fussy.
Or will you be standing as a 'neutral'?

Reform UK are brilliant

It's an absolute gift that a party of nutters has arrived to COMPLETELY split the the tory vote in half

May reform go on for years- their existence ensures the blue scum will be out of office for a generation

And while they are busy fighting over who of the two of them is the least racist party - Labour can get on with rebuilding this broken country

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th September 2024, 11:56 AM

And while they are busy fighting over who of the two of them is the least racist party - Labour can get on with rebuilding this broken country

They haven't made a very good start.

Another £16,000 worth of clothes? Has the man never heard of Peacocks?