British Comedy Guide

This forum Page 15

At the time of writing, you've got no subscription to this thread, but you are still subscribed to the news thread.

The "Email me when someone replies" box should take account of your preferences in your global account settings. Look for the 'Stop email notifications' button at the top of a thread page if you want to force an unsubscription at any point.

What, in/under my "Account"? As I can't see anything obvious

https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/

Look for 'Message board (forums) settings'.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd September 2024, 3:25 PM

What, in/under my "Account"? As I can't see anything obvious

Oh come on Herc. They've told you a million times!

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd September 2024, 3:47 PM

Oh come on Herc. They've told you a million times!

😁 I'm not buying it David, you naughty big wind up merchant, especially as it is from the one person I have tried a million times to show them how to upload images to the BCG forum, but it never sunk in

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd September 2024, 3:29 PM

Thank you Aaron, now unchecked so we'll see 😊

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd September 2024, 3:29 PM

OK, done that a couple of times but it seems to reset itself by deleting my tick, and am still getting email notifications. I clear ticks on the threads and have twice clicked and saved the "To unsubscribe from all tick the following box:", but it makes no difference

Sorry about that Herc. Which thread is it, 'I read the news today oh boy!', still? Whilst we look into the bug I can manually force an unsubscription directly in our database for you.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th September 2024, 12:44 PM

Sorry about that Herc. Which thread is it, 'I read the news today oh boy!', still? Whilst we look into the bug I can manually force an unsubscription directly in our database for you.

Thank you yes, as I never use that facility

Ludwig - Twice (this morning)
I read the news today oh boy! - Twice (yesterday afternoon)
British Comedy Quiz - Twice (yesterday morning)
BCG Super 6 League - Twice (Tuesday morning)
The all-in-one consolidatory football thread - Twice (Monday early evening)
I read the news today oh boy! - Twice (Monday afternoon)
I read the news today oh boy! - Twice (Monday lunchtime)

I could go on, but there you go, and it's only now doing that list from my Trash file that I noticed they were coming in pairs.

Oh, and I'm so sorry I had to mention that two of them were football related 😁

Those are the emails you've received? Hmm. Okay. Thanks.

Yes, this week, and I've just noticed that this thread's "Email me when someone replies" has been ticked by whatever little gremlin - I'll leave it ticked and see if I get an email

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th September 2024, 11:24 PM

Yes, this week, and I've just noticed that this thread's "Email me when someone replies" has been ticked by whatever little gremlin - I'll leave it ticked and see if I get an email

Ditto - I keep unchecking them, but they are still being sent to me.......................

Good afternoon all.

Firstly, we've been having serious issues today across the whole site, which should be slowly getting back to normal now. We've returned to the forums changes we had been working on last week and have made further amendments - fingers crossed they are successful. If you do experience any pages seemingly not updating, please let us know the URL(s) of those pages below. In the meantime, forcing a refresh in your browser should make it update.

Secondly, we've isolated a problem we think could have been causing the email subscription issues that Hercules has been reporting. If you unsubscribe from any threads from now on, it should properly register and keep track of such... We hope! Again, if there are any problems, please let us know which thread(s) are affected ASAP.

Well, I was still getting them (two for Alma's Not Normal at 2:24 this afternoon), which I have unchecked yet again, and the overall tick box in settings is not there anymore so I do not know what state that is in - the last time I checked it, it kept unchecking it.

And before I post this, I notice again the "Email me when someone replies" is ticked, which I will now untick 😵‍💫

Mine seems to be playing up a bit. Sometimes not showing updated posts and sometimes not removing the arrow once I've read a post.

I'm getting sporadic "Too many requests" pages.