British Comedy Guide

BCG Fantasy Premier League 2024/25 Page 8

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st August 2024, 7:16 PM

Sorry I missed this question first time around. No, I haven't been on. I have twice scored over 30 in 10 years or more but it is more often single figures or teens. A lot depends on the bonus questions of course.

Over thirty is amazing. My best is 29 once, but I usually only get about 15 or less.

I'm fairly okay up till the turn of the century. I can do a lot of 60s/70s and even 50s but as soon as they play some autotune junk from 2011 I'm out.

Mrs Godot has tried to get on a few times but has always failed the test questions.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st August 2024, 7:16 PM

The problem is that my music knowledge more or less ends around 1976.

In many ways that's not a problem. 😀

Steve Sunshine says;

"Hello everyone I'm a bit dissapointed not to have captained Haaland as it means I've lost more ground to that Cu-, I mean well done to the current leader, who seems to have made all the right decisions so far, and also thanks Horse that does mean a lot, I think you're a great bloke too whatever Goodlad says about you when you're not here"

I've asked Steve to email any further statements rather than attach them to bricks as we do occasionally close our windows in the evening. Also the last 'message' knocked out the mother of one of my best friends, who was giving me head at the time.

When I say she was giving me head I mean of course she was handing me the Monkees album Head, to put on the turntable. Fortunately the record wasn't damaged.

Horse says : "I am not sures if this is my officials posts of the week but we haves an internationals black hole don't we. Do we? Yes we can. I am mostly worrieds by Wally Otkins and Sir Pole Calmer but aren't we all now that it has all gone leftist in a totally Conservative way. Also, Van de Valk and Areola Grande - these too look iffy. Hopefullyfully another weeks will sorts it all out for us. Bless you all".

F**king hell, no posts for 16 days.

I've been on holiday but I know half of you lot have got nothing better to do, so what gives? Let's be having you.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd September 2024, 10:31 PM

Let's be having you.

Sorry Delia

Following on from the immense popularity of my recent lookalikes post, here's another one...

Useless dago goal bottler Guy Fawkes and bad-at-hiding explosives expert and arch critic of the House of Lords Darwin NĂșñez

I think your superstar player, Haaland is lucky he wasn't booked or sent off.
Throwing the ball on purpose at an opposing team player is an act of aggression.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd September 2024, 11:35 PM

Following on from the immense popularity of my recent lookalikes post, here's another one...

Useless dago goal bottler Guy Fawkes and bad-at-hiding explosives expert and arch critic of the House of Lords Darwin NĂșñez

😁 Some Liverpool fans think he should get the same sentence as well.

Are you sending these to P.I. I think they'd get in.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th September 2024, 8:12 AM

Throwing the ball on purpose at an opposing team player is an act of aggression.

Almost as funny although the video clip is funnier, as the ball pings seamlessly off his nut.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th September 2024, 8:47 AM

Are you sending these to P.I. I think they'd get in.

Maybe. I've got about ten non-footballers but never really got round to it.

Here's the Private Eye lookalike archive. Some brilliant ones here. Invisible Man/Biden is a good one.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/lookalikes/big/?C=D;O=A

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th September 2024, 8:12 AM

I agree. But then City are lucky to be playing in the PL full stop. By rights they should be playing on the grass behind Bradford Road gasworks.

You must hate him since he's already the highest scoring player in the game and you didn't have him last season either.
Anyway he has a lookalike in Coronation Street's gobby Manc bicycle Toyah Battersby.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd September 2024, 10:31 PM

I've been on holiday

Been on my hols too. Back yesterday after 10 days in Devon. Didn't mention it while I was away or before I went because I suspect the local burglar has been released back on to the streets and may be looking for a signed 1966 England shirt, a set of Beswick Top Cat figures or an Isle of Wight bus stop.

That would have to be one pretty astute burglar. Pseudo name Bunter, somewhere on the Sussex coast, gone to Devon for 10 days. I've cracked it, the shirt will be mine.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th September 2024, 8:34 AM

Been on my hols too. Back yesterday after 10 days in Devon. Didn't mention it while I was away or before I went because I suspect the local burglar has been released back on to the streets and may be looking for a signed 1966 England shirt, a set of Beswick Top Cat figures or an Isle of Wight bus stop.

I'm not your local burglar but I'd be happy to fence at least two of those.

Couple of questions; were you at the England game? And, is it the whole bus stop or just the vitreous enamel flag?

I've got a 50th birthday letter from Arsene Wenger, but that's not in the same league (quite literally) as your shirt.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th September 2024, 10:30 AM

I'm not your local burglar but I'd be happy to fence at least two of those.

Couple of questions; were you at the England game? And, is it the whole bus stop or just the vitreous enamel flag?

I've got a 50th birthday letter from Arsene Wenger, but that's not in the same league (quite literally) as your shirt.

Oh I don't know. At least yours is personalised.

No, I wasn't at the game. I was on holiday at the time (no, I'm not always on holiday). With my parents of course. In Wales. I watched the game in the communal TV room at the holiday camp at which we were staying, which gave it quite a good atmosphere. The shirt came from the 40th anniversary tour that they did in 2006. As such it doesn't include Bobby Moore, nor does it include Bobby Charlton who didn't join them on the tour but I do have both of those signatures separately. It includes the other nine starters though.

Just the metal sign with the name of the stop, the bus numbers and the direction of travel; no pole.

Come to think of it I also have a YZ chewing gum machine (price 1d) too, which would doubtless be on the list of any self-respecting burglar. Although a tad heavy to cart away surreptitiously.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th September 2024, 12:14 PM

Just the metal sign with the name of the stop, the bus numbers and the direction of travel; no pole.

Come to think of it I also have a YZ chewing gum machine (price 1d) too, which would doubtless be on the list of any self-respecting burglar. Although a tad heavy to cart away surreptitiously.

This is all very useful information for the September Manager of the Month which you are currently leading.