British Comedy Guide

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

Isn't it funny - well no not really - how this site has descended into such bile being hurled, personal insults and arrogance?

This used to be a pleasant place to air our views but no longer it seems.

I've said it before. The "powers" that be shouldn't allow threads or posts on politics/current affairs. There's no need for it on a "comedy" website. Other fan sites and forums don't allow it. Under threat of expulsion.

Yes because all the comedy threads are full to bursting with thousands of new posts everyday 😆

Sitcoms forum has had zero posts in three days....

None

So?

No threads or posts on politics/current affairs = virtually no threads or posts at all

General comedy = about three posts in the last week

Two of them by you

You wanna talk to yourself?!

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd September 2024, 7:07 PM

No threads or posts on politics/current affairs = virtually no threads or posts at all

General comedy = about three posts in the last week

Two of them by you

Discounting this thread and "I Read the News Today Oh Boy", we've had 21 posts today so far.

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd September 2024, 7:07 PM

You wanna talk to yourself?!

It certainly has its attractions. Thanks for offering.

You're very very welcome

👍

Dunno if it'd be practical to have an all-out ban on topics like politics, as comedy by its very nature deals with a broad range of subjects, including politics and current affairs. Inevitably, the Trinity of Shite (politics, religion and sport) will always cause problems when there's more than one person discussing them online (or in real life) - but as long as no rules are broken then I guess it's OK.

All internet forums have become much less popular in recent years due to social media etc., most forums I've belonged to over the years (about various different interests of mine) closed down ages ago as the old guard gradually left one by one, and not much new blood joined.

So I appreciate this place, quiet as it often is - and although I'm not generally into politics/religion/sport, there's at least SOME comedy related content, about both the old traditional comedy and the modern stuff, and also other topics in the General Discussion forum from time to time, and the occasional creative endeavours like the skit comp.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd September 2024, 5:50 PM

I've said it before. The "powers" that be shouldn't allow threads or posts on politics/current affairs. There's no need for it on a "comedy" website. Other fan sites and forums don't allow it. Under threat of expulsion.

It's the out and out personal abuse that I feel sad about. We're all entitled to an opinion - until of course we're not.