British Comedy Guide

This forum Page 14

Sorry about that gents. I've just temporarily turned off a setting, which should result in some of the above going back to 'normal', whilst we diagnose and develop a permanent fix. If you perform a Ctrl/Cmd refresh on any pages still having issues, hopefully they won't then occur again.

Meanwhile, has anyone else been experiencing Lazzard's lack of edit button?

Just a quick test to see if 'edit' is back

No - it isn't

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st September 2024, 2:26 PM

Just a quick test to see if 'edit' is back

No - it isn't

What device, OS and browser are you using?

Quote: a plate @ 21st September 2024, 12:36 PM

Same here, I keep having to refresh the page by doing the 'Pressing Ctrl and F5' thing (as Aaron suggested above) for the new posts to appear.

I use the Refresh/Reload button :

Quote: Aaron @ 21st September 2024, 2:48 PM

What device, OS and browser are you using?

Safari 14.1.2
Mac
Mac OS Mojave
Loathe to update as everything will immediately slow down!

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st September 2024, 3:30 PM

Safari 14.1.2
Mac
Mac OS Mojave
Loathe to update as everything will immediately slow down!

Thanks. We don't have direct access to any Macs at the moment but will endeavour to run some tests.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2024, 2:56 PM

I use the Refresh/Reload button :

Ah! Thanks, I'll do that from now on. There are probably loads of functions like that I never use or know about, despite using the computer almost every bloody day!

EDIT - looks like my Edit function is fine. (I don't use a Mac though anyway).

Working properly again for me today after a few days of problems. Thanks for fixing it!

Looking good on my PC now 😊, apart from I've just noticed the "Email me when someone replies" box has been checked..............

The edit function is still missing on IOS mobile

I'm still getting email notifications, which I never have checked

I've just unchecked this thread, so we'll see............................

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd September 2024, 11:08 AM

The edit function is still missing on IOS mobile

It's OK now

I now have:
Fast Reply
E-mail Notification button
And Edit button.

Top Tech Admin!
Gin & Tonics all round.

Thanks for confirming that. We were trying to use a technology that was, apparently, slightly too new so didn't have quite as wide support as we'd been lead to believe.

Still working on the other issue of pages not updating properly, so keep your fingers crossed.

As said previous, no big deal, but "it" is still informing me of a "Thread reply notification: I read the news today oh boy!" on that one thread, for some reason - I keep unchecking it but it self-ticks, if there is such an expression. 😁

And have just noticed that this thread is ticked too, so will untick it.....................