British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,848

I think we're soon going to find out what a disgusting sack of shit Mohamed Al Fayed was....

"The BBC has heard testimony from more than 20 female ex-employees who say the billionaire, who died last year aged 94, sexually assaulted or raped them."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2024, 9:18 AM

So that's the train drivers now on an extra £9000 a year, taking some of them up to £70k + back dated with extra pension benefits, and the Junior, sorry, Resident Doctors accepting BUT according the Beeb - "Junior doctors want more despite backing pay deal"

It will give me a warm glow this Christmas to know they are happy with their lot, as I wonder along with thousands of others whether to heat or eat - I think I'll opt for turkey feet and chips this year

Turkey crisps?

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th September 2024, 10:53 AM

"The Conservative party's biggest donor told colleagues that looking at Diane Abbott makes you "want to hate all black women"

Colour "black"
Gender "women"

Hester - racist c*nt

Oops. Yes, definitely. I didn't realise it was THAT comment.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 19th September 2024, 11:33 AM

I believe in déjà vu. This morning I read, 'Another f**king transport f**king strike in Rome,' and I thought, I'm sure this has happened before...

How have you managed to wangle living in Rome? It's one of the great BCG mysteries.

Quote: chipolata @ 20th September 2024, 10:09 AM

How have you managed to wangle living in Rome? It's one of the great BCG mysteries.

The real mystery is why they let him.

"Sir Keir Starmer, Deputy Prime Minister Angela Rayner and Chancellor Rachel Reeves will not accept any further donations for clothing after a row over gifts, a Downing Street source has said. The prime minister has faced growing criticism after it emerged he had received more than £16,000 for work clothing and spectacles for him, and further donations for his wife, from Labour peer Waheed Alli.

The relationship between the Labour's leadership and Lord Alli, a wealthy donor made head of party fundraising, has come under renewed scrutiny since it was revealed earlier this week that Sir Keir failed to declare £5,000 in donations for clothing for his wife, Lady Victoria Starmer.

On Thursday, former deputy Labour leader Baroness Harman told BBC Newsnight that the prime minister having clothes and spectacles paid for "feels a bit like a misstep because most people have to buy their own clothes to go to work and the prime minister is not low paid".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cwyvpv1lzq6o

You would have thought that, if he had any political acumen at all (which clearly he hasn't) or any respect for those members of the electorate paid a lot less than himself (about whom he clearly has no interest whatsoever unless there's something in it for him) ), let alone any self respect, he would have realised this for himself long ago.

Is that the same fellow that shouted Boris down about similar things?
And this forum erupted with disgust and hatred.
Eerily quiet these days innit.

"I took cash for clothes too, admits Rachel Reeves"

"Rachel Reeves has admitted she accepted money for clothes, as the backlash over gifts from donors threatened to overshadow the Labour Party conference this weekend. The Chancellor has received almost £7,500 for clothing since 2023 from a friend called Juliet Rosenfeld, the widow of a Labour donor caught up in the 2006 cash for honours scandal."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/09/20/i-took-cash-for-clothes-too-admits-rachel-reeves/?msockid=2fbebdf28e8761b4220aac1f8fa0601a

One of the reasons (gullible) people gave for voting Labour at the last election was to do away with sleaze and dishonesty in government. That went well didn't it?

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th September 2024, 5:50 PM

I think we're soon going to find out what a disgusting sack of shit Mohamed Al Fayed was....

"The BBC has heard testimony from more than 20 female ex-employees who say the billionaire, who died last year aged 94, sexually assaulted or raped them."

Racist!

Seeing what a rampant sex fiend Al Fayed was, it got me wondering if he tried to touch up Diana, and when his son Dodi told him to back off, Fayed got their driver drunk and it was he who arranged the crash in the Paris underpass.

Just sayin'.................. 😏

I might just get a script together and offer it up to a Hollywood mogul 😁

Quote: Chappers @ 21st September 2024, 11:32 AM

Racist!

Moron!

(And all my own work, before anyone thinks I copied and pasted it)

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st September 2024, 12:04 PM

Moron!

Thank you.

But if you're criticising a foreigner is not racist, how come criticising a woman (Carol Vorderman) is mysoginistic?

And when complaints were raised about Al Fayed who was chief of the CPS?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx2k9ggjdjdo

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd September 2024, 12:08 AM

Thank you.

But if you're criticising a foreigner is not racist, how come criticising a woman (Carol Vorderman) is mysoginistic?

You still don't understand this at all. Nobody ever said criticising women is in itself misogynistic.

So...they are going to stop accepting freebies.
If I was given £17K's worth of suits, (sorry, work clothing) I'd be set for a few years too.
We need some of you fervent pollsters to tell us how he is doing.