British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,306

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st August 2024, 9:08 AM

So decided to watch this awful toe-curling early 1960s short 30 min. (thank heavens!) pop film from the Baim collection on TPTV called ironically "Money Sings", because it was primarily about a new pop singer called Johnny Carson whose singing was about as wooden as his acting, and so it is little wonder that he immediately disappeared into obscurity - in fact, I had a struggle find anything about him, apart from a poor promo photo.

ANYWAY, what made me want to watch it was because there was a certain more famous person mentioned in the opening titles with a bit part, and knowing who he was I wondered how he would fit into what basically was a pop promo of its time, but there he was lamenting the shortage of money, dressed as Mr. Micawber.

And I know one person on this forum who should recognise him............

I say you fellows, it's me!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2024, 4:06 PM

Yes, very surprised to see Judy smoking (preferred her younger sister Sally - phwoar, yes please)

They obviously had a liberal upbringing because both got their kit off for films, or at least a film each. Quite right again.

Been watching a lot of Murder on CCTV lately, just makes you realise how many murders in USA there are, it's quite alarming. As is the number of murderers who openly go into a huge 24hour Wallmart supermarket after midnight to buy shovels, gloves and drain cleaner! All under quite obvious security cameras. 🤔

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st August 2024, 10:16 AM

I say you fellows, it's me!

Yarooh!!

OK, that's your starter for 10...............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st August 2024, 11:13 AM

Yarooh!!

OK, that's your starter for 10...............

I thought it was Jimmy Clitheroe.

Just watching the Beverly Hillbillies on TPTV. I remember the old Grannie used to really scare me when I was a kid.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd September 2024, 6:20 PM

Just watching the Beverly Hillbillies on TPTV. I remember the old Grannie used to really scare me when I was a kid.

I watched the first episode, but realised it hadn't travelled well and was not as funny as I remembered it, but ain't that always the way when you haven't seen summat for a long while

Acapulco
Great little sitcom very warm and hilarious

Billy Connolly - "In My Own Words" that was on last night - very good, and considering how ill he is, he did very well with the questioning

The episode tonight in the early 1960s Scotland Yard series on TPTV was "The Bunter Case", but there were no fat schoolboys

The Birdcage.
Again.
I think it's possibly the most consistently funny film I know.

Chance in a Million

A programme about artist Alison Lapper.

Minder - a number of Old wives Tales. Amazing cast. Patrick Mower has 5 wives. Also starring Ray Winstone (who I knew I knew but realised only after I looked on IMDB), and Sue Holderness (who I've always fancied), Kate Williams and Gary Holton.

Thatcher & Reagan: A Very Special Relationship on BBC4.

A reminder of when politicians on both sides of the Atlantic were proper heavyweights and respected around the World. Not the pygmies and laughing stock of today.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th September 2024, 4:57 PM

Also starring Ray Winstone (who I knew I knew but realised only after I looked on IMDB),.........................

Yes, he looked SO different when young - I saw him ages ago in summat when he was 19(?) and didn't recognise him at all