British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,304

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2024, 9:01 PM

Looking forward to a brilliantly un-PC half hour watching Little Britain on Thats2.

Will you be dressing up again in your I'm a Ladyeee outfit? You looked so fetching

Yaa 'know

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2024, 11:32 PM

Will you be dressing up again in your I'm a Ladyeee outfit? You looked so fetching

Have you been looking through my screen?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2024, 5:41 PM

Have you been looking through my screen?

No, but I've been through your wardrobe and panties drawer

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th August 2024, 9:05 PM

"Call My Bluff". Frank Muir with his bow-tie, Patrick Campbell with his stutter & Robert Robinson with his comb-over.

And panellist Miles Kingdon smoking his way through the programme!

A habit which didn't work out too well for him, sadly...

Ideal

Galton and Simpson Playhouse

Bonjour la class - with Nigel Planer

Pretty awful

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. You can't beat a bit of Ray Harryhausen.

Yes indeed, and that was one of his best for stop/motion

The cyclops is incredible. It's definitely one of Ray's very best films, although I like the Golden Voyage of Sinbad too because it has Tom Baker, the lovely Caroline Munro, and a one-eyed centaur.

Oh God, you mentioned the goddess that is Caroline Munro, now I've gone weak at the knees - I remember when I first saw her in the Lambs Navy Rum advert on television 😍

Also remarkable was fighting the skeletons Jason and the Argonauts - how many hours did that take!

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st August 2024, 6:28 PM

Bonjour la class - with Nigel Planer

Pretty awful

Yes it was. I was lucky enough to see The Young Ones first time around and shortly afterwards Nigel Planer did a shitcom about a rock star. I was so young I thought anything my heroes did would be awesome. I was wrong. There was also 'A Small Problem' with Chris Ryan which was fairly dire and quite un-PC.

I know what, regrettably, I can't watch this evening despite it being August Bank Holiday Monday.

Where's Brian Rix when you need him?

Will this do for now?