British Comedy Guide

BCG Fantasy Premier League 2024/25 Page 6

Put a couple of them in the goal it might help.

Did you know that, in 1961-62 - the year Ipswich won the League of course under Alf Ramsey having been promoted from the second tier the previous season - they also played Manchester City at home on the last Saturday in August? Will history repeat itself?

Of course they did lose 4-2 but no matter. They beat Burnley 6-2 in their next game.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd August 2024, 5:11 PM

Put a couple of them in the goal it might help.

Let's hope Billy's bit of history there will repeat itself.

C'mon you (dark) Blues!

I wish they would stop transferring my players abroad.
Just done my Friday check to see if any are injured and Coner Gallagher of Chelsea has gone to Atletico Madrid.
FML (for those who know what that means lol)

Stephen! Wash your mouth out, using that foul American slang acronym

I had to bail out of last season's league as I had a few health issues at the start of the year - and indeed up until very recently - so the FPL didn't seem very important to me at the time. Also missed signing up for this year, but I'll be back next season...

It's not too late for this season, if you're up to it, only one GW missed so far. As long as you have a team entered, Godot can get you back in anytime, keeping your points.

And we all hope you are feeling a bit better.

Horse says "No I disagree. It was Anita Ward who sang Ring My Bell. I Love Your Smile was by Shanice"

Sorry to hear that, Ben! Hope you are better now (if not, hope you are better soon!)

Horse says "I am sorry for the last post. I had forgotten what thread it was. I spent the entire morning watching a wibbly wobbly worm on the patio. It was very unusual, maybe prehistoric, and could have come up from the sewer.

It went long and then short, long and then short, as if retracting into a foreskin. And it left a lot of slime behind it.

After two and a half hours, imagine my surprise when I could see that with the slime it was drawing a picture. And especially after four and a quarter hours when I could see what the picture was.

It was a brilliant picture of Nuno Espirito Santo. I quite like Nuno Espirito Santo and just don't know what to make of this. Any thoughts?"

Question on Popmaster this morning: "Young Gifted & Black was a 1970 hit for which duo?"

Simon & Garfunkel

EDIT Hang on - wassat got to do with football........................ I expect I've missed a very subtle point

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th August 2024, 11:04 AM

Simon & Garfunkel

EDIT Hang on - wassat got to do with football........................ I expect I've missed a very subtle point

No, not Simon & Garfunkel.

Young Gifted & Black is my team name this season. Was going to do a screenshot of the league table to accompany my post. But I've never been able to master that. Copied the page to my "clipboard" (whatever that is) but there, as ever, it stays.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th August 2024, 11:27 AM

No, not Simon & Garfunkel.

Young Gifted & Black is my team name this season. Was going to do a screenshot of the league table to accompany my post. But I've never been able to master that. Copied the page to my "clipboard" (whatever that is) but there, as ever, it stays.

And it will until you do something with it - the clipboard is purely where your computer temporarily stores info you have saved, be it text or a graphic or a screen grab, but it is very ephemeral so once you save something else or you switch your computer off, it is lost.

So, you then have to save the words/text or graphic such as a screen print and you have to deal with it there and then by pasting the text into say Word or the graphic into some sort of software - I use Paint Shop Pro by saving it as a jpeg, which can then be uploaded to a free image hosting service, which in turn can be uploaded into say the BCG forum.

Simples