British Comedy Guide

Alma's Not Normal Page 5

Yeah Sean lock , sadly the greatest get taken too soon.

Best known for 8 Out of 10 Cats. Exactly the sort of show you seem to be condemning.
Any living examples?

I raise you Frankie Boyle.

Quote: tonecapone @ 16th August 2024, 2:22 PM

I raise you Frankie Boyle.

A good example. There was a bit of a snobbish reaction to his last BBC show. But not from me. Is he the only living comic whose career you approve of then?
Everyone else falls short?

Top banana 🍌 is jerry sadowitz , never done a bad show in his life , apart from hello moose fxckers when he got knocked out.

Quote: tonecapone @ 16th August 2024, 1:13 PM

Yeah Sean lock , sadly the greatest get taken too soon.

My son and I loved his series

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 16th August 2024, 1:33 PM

Best known for 8 Out of 10 Cats. Exactly the sort of show you seem to be condemning.
Any living examples?

After his magnum opus 15 Storeys High, of course. So exactly the same as what Tone is criticising Sophie, Roisin et al for!

Isn't this all off-topic?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2024, 5:52 PM

Isn't this all off-topic?

Started with attack on Alma writer and star Sophie Willan for supposedly betraying her roots. So was initially relevant.

Quote: Aaron @ 16th August 2024, 4:10 PM

After his magnum opus 15 Storeys High, of course. So exactly the same as what Tone is criticising Sophie, Roisin et al for!

Indeed!

Sophie rundle what are you on ? , it's Sophie willan.More comment than attack just saying she has dived in to panel shows and other shallow TV things while Alma's not normal was filmed last year and is starting to seem like it's been forgotten by it's star.Plus I just watched the series called spent and Michelle de wotsit is beyond likable.bbc2 should have just put Alma on instead.

Quote: tonecapone @ 16th August 2024, 6:44 PM

Alma's not normal was filmed last year and is starting to seem like it's been forgotten by it's star.

I do understand the frustration knowing that something you like is not on air yet, but do you appreciate this isn't Sophie's fault? It's got to go through the post production process then the BBC might keep it on the shelf for months on end until there's a broadcast slot they want to put it in.

Quote: tonecapone @ 16th August 2024, 6:44 PM

Sophie rundle what are you on ? , it's Sophie willan.More comment than attack just saying she has dived in to panel shows and other shallow TV things while Alma's not normal was filmed last year and is starting to seem like it's been forgotten by it's star.Plus I just watched the series called spent and Michelle de wotsit is beyond likable.bbc2 should have just put Alma on instead.

My mistake with the name! Now corrected.
But yours is still a weird, unfair argument.

What's weird about not liking low rent stuff like taskmaster and panel shows.I really don't care about Roisin conaty no more her sitcom got axed and she's clung on since but Sophie willan really don't need to do such things yet.Its like when an actor starts doing weak parts it waters them down like liquidation.

Quote: tonecapone @ 19th August 2024, 1:44 AM

What's weird about not liking low rent stuff like taskmaster and panel shows.I really don't care about Roisin conaty no more her sitcom got axed and she's clung on since but Sophie willan really don't need to do such things yet.Its like when an actor starts doing weak parts it waters them down like liquidation.

A double standard here.
Roisin has been in fewer than 20 episodes of 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. Sean Lock was in well over six times that amount. But you condemn her and not him. Why?
And there's nothing remotely shameful about being in Taskmaster. It's a brilliant series.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 19th August 2024, 6:14 AM

And there's nothing remotely shameful about being in Taskmaster. It's a brilliant series.

Love it. Well, most of them - there were some in the Covid period that didn't live up to their promise