British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,825

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th August 2024, 9:56 AM

If you go for an X Ray in hospital, no matter your sex, you will be asked if you are or could be pregnant.
Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Not true. I fractured my shoulder earlier in the year and had multiple x-rays and was never asked that question once.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th August 2024, 9:56 AM

If you go for an X Ray in hospital, no matter your sex, you will be asked if you are or could be pregnant.
Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

At least 8 months I should say..................

It's just one of those daft things.
(It's also the easiest and quickest way to be safe without - in those few cases - having to ask if someone's a man or a woman.)
I occasionally get asked by some shop-person if I'm over 21 (I do NOT look it !)
"We have to ask" is the response.
It's clearly silly for 99% of people.
But for those it's important to, it's important.
The rest of us just have a giggle.
(Except the Daily Mail who see it as the End of Civilisation)

Quote: chipolata @ 14th August 2024, 10:25 AM

Not true. I fractured my shoulder earlier in the year and had multiple x-rays and was never asked that question once.

God moves in mysterious ways.

It's a new policy of inclusivity in some hospitals. A Trans man complained when he found out he was pregnant after a CT scan.
Did I really just write that....

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th August 2024, 11:02 AM

God moves in mysterious ways.

I was actually quite happy as I got five weeks off work on full pay. Plus my physiotherapist is quite hot. Win win.

Liz truss storms off stage after being humiliated by "left wing activists"

Oh dear

how sad

Never mind

🥬

I've just heard that Molly-Mae and Tommy Fury have split up!

No - me neither.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th August 2024, 11:01 AM

I occasionally get asked by some shop-person if I'm over 21 (I do NOT look it !)
"We have to ask" is the response.

As long as they take your word for it! What if it becomes company policy to always ask for I.D. to prove your age, even if the customer clearly looks over 21! Imagine if an 80 year old man couldn't buy a few cans of beer from a shop just because he didn't have a driving license or whatever! Despite his BIG GREY BEARD and WRINKLED FIZZOG

Scientists announce that the SIX TONNE stone in the middle of stonehenge, was dragged all the way from Northern Scotland

500 miles away

Over mountains and forests and rivers

Man those pagans were nuts 🤪

Probably some rich English guy saw Stonehenge in Scotland on his holidays, and bought it. They might ask for it back now.

One of the mindless pricks convicted for rioting this week told Police he did it because immigrants are costing taxpayers so much money and its not right

This is the judges response to the stupid twat....

Judge Linford then launched a stinging rebuke to Cann saying: "So let's look at how the taxpayer have been funding your activities over the last 38 years - let's see what you've cost the country: you've got 10 aliases, four fictitious birth dates, you're 51 years of age, you've been convicted of 170 offences, you been convicted of theft, arson, taking cars, handling stolen goods, obtaining by deception, burglary, dangerous driving and possessing bladed articles. In all over the years that you've been visiting the criminal justice system you've received sentences totalling 357 months in prison, many of them concurrent.

"In other words, nearly 30 years. That Mr Cann is what you've been costing this country and you sit there in that interview and saw fit to be critical of others. You have no right whatever to say who should or should not be in this country."

To Bailey, Judge Linford said he had 29 convictions for 39 offences, including theft, criminal damage, possession of drugs, supply of class A drugs, threatening behaviour, breach of a Domestic Violence Protection Order and robbery "and you were chanting with therest of that rabble about immigration"

"You two were in no position to judge anybody".

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th August 2024, 10:04 AM

One of the mindless pricks convicted for rioting this week told Police he did it because immigrants are costing taxpayers so much money and its not right

This is the judges response to the stupid twat....

Judge Linford then launched a stinging rebuke to Cann saying: "So let's look at how the taxpayer have been funding your activities over the last 38 years - let's see what you've cost the country: you've got 10 aliases, four fictitious birth dates, you're 51 years of age, you've been convicted of 170 offences, you been convicted of theft, arson, taking cars, handling stolen goods, obtaining by deception, burglary, dangerous driving and possessing bladed articles. In all over the years that you've been visiting the criminal justice system you've received sentences totalling 357 months in prison, many of them concurrent.

"In other words, nearly 30 years. That Mr Cann is what you've been costing this country and you sit there in that interview and saw fit to be critical of others. You have no right whatever to say who should or should not be in this country."

To Bailey, Judge Linford said he had 29 convictions for 39 offences, including theft, criminal damage, possession of drugs, supply of class A drugs, threatening behaviour, breach of a Domestic Violence Protection Order and robbery "and you were chanting with therest of that rabble about immigration"

"You two were in no position to judge anybody".

Once again, proof that they were:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd August 2024, 1:13 PM

rioters; hooligans; thugs; criminals. Not far-right protestors.

Nope

A mixture of the two sets of scum bags

Racist far right idiots and just stupid f**king morons jumping on the bandwagon for fun

A bit like years ago burning down synagogues and bricks through windows and pogroms.
The Racist far right idiots and just stupid f**king morons are gathering momentum behind the scenes.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th August 2024, 10:49 AM

A bit like years ago burning down synagogues and bricks through windows and pogroms.
The Racist far right idiots and just stupid f**king morons are gathering momentum behind the scenes.

Are they?