British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 805

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2024, 5:46 PM

If it was at Tooting I might be tempted.

No replay needed I'm afraid. Littlehampton 1 Tooting & Mitcham 0 (8th minute og). 90th minute red card to Tooting following a 14 man brawl.

Littlehampton home v Faversham in the next round in two weeks' time.

Why is it that because Guardiola's teams have goalies who are good with their feet and want to play passing out from the back everyone has to copy? What happened to good, exciting fast football?

Having been demoted to League One this season, HTFC start their campaign on Saturday at Peterborough.
I won't be going but will watch on iFollow. All League one matches start at 17:30?

I think that if England want to win a trophy they should introduce "Challenge matches" against just one other country like they do in other sports; Calcutta Cup in Rugby v Scotland, The Ashes in Cricket v Australia and the Boat Race. I'd choose Scotland in Football which would give us a good chance to win something.

Of course there used to be the Home International Championship, which usually boiled down to being between England and Scotland and which England would win on a fairly regular basis. Probably even more so now that Denis Law has retired.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th August 2024, 10:06 AM

Of course there used to be the Home International Championship, which usually boiled down to being between England and Scotland and which England would win on a fairly regular basis. Probably even more so now that Denis Law has retired.

During my lifetime Northern Ireland won it in 1979/80 and 1983/84 (the last time). Maybe that's why England decided against the tournament.

Time to put my customary £10 on Manchester United to win the league which I hope to lose.

My prediction for ups and downs to and from the Premship this season are Forest, Ipswich, Bournemouth down and West Brom, Leeds, Blackburn up. Hoping to go one better than 5/6 for last season. Though I doubt it somehow...

Oh dear. I've just seen Plymouth's result. You can't help but laugh.

(Although I've always had a soft spot for them)

Quote: Chappers @ 11th August 2024, 7:18 PM

Oh dear. I've just seen Plymouth's result. You can't help but laugh.

Sort of a Plymouth "Hoe Hoe Hoe" you mean?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th August 2024, 6:47 PM

My prediction for ups and downs to and from the Premship this season are Forest, Ipswich, Bournemouth down and West Brom, Leeds, Blackburn up. Hoping to go one better than 5/6 for last season. Though I doubt it somehow...

Blackburn??????

Give yer 'ead a wobble

Absolutely not a chance in hell

Burnley , maybe...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th August 2024, 6:47 PM

My prediction for down from the Premship this season are Ipswich, .

Thanks

Just booked Tickets to Leyton Orient Vs Wrexham next month , as it's fairly local to me , and as I now know the Wrexham squad from the documenatry It would be nice to see them live once, I should have gone two seasons ago when Wrexham were playing Dagenham, which is even more localler,. and probaly cheaperer

My side just beat Leyton orient

Decent side - but they are dirty bastards

If you go to a Sheffield Utd match wearing a fake club shirt you will be removed and possibly banned.