British Comedy Guide

The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 122

I've just read that the great British bluesman John Mayall has died.

He was really a great influence from the 1960s and many famous musicians passed through his bands before finding bigger fame.

I'm really surprised nobody else has commented on this.

They're all Philistines.
I've been playing the early Bluesbreakers albums all day.
Amazingly influential guy.

Graham Thorpe at 55. His average was was very good for his era too in mid 40s after a hundred tests. Our most local England player, came from Farnham, collected his England jumpers from the tailor shop my Dad worked in at the time. One of the most reliable run makers we ever had, and the Aussies in particular were glad to see the back of him. A modern great gone, too young. RIP

55 is no age, RIP.

I have great memories of Farnham. I used to stay there for a month every two years when I worked on the Farnborough Air Show.
We stayed in a great pub/hotel called 'The Cricketers. The owners were nuttier than Basil Faulty. You got bollocked if you didn't eat all your breakfast.
As he took your plate away he would mutter 'well, that's my time and money wasted, getting up at 4 to cook a breakfast for you ingrates.

I don't know anything about cricket but I heard him described on the radio as a Batter I thought it was something to do with Yorkshire pudding. Surely he was a Batsman. (Stupid wokery!)

Jack Karlson, the 'succulent Chinese meal" guy died, age 82

Today was the first time I saw that video (or heard of him). What a legend!

Quote: zooo @ 8th August 2024, 6:40 PM

He's fantastic, isn't he?

Quote: zooo @ 8th August 2024, 6:40 PM

Eh?

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th August 2024, 6:50 PM

He's fantastic, isn't he?

I don't understand

Did you see the video?
The bloke in it became a meme because of the mad way he reacted to his arrest.
He died today.

Yeah that was hilarious
seeing it again I was quite touched
And so was he according to the video

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th August 2024, 9:41 PM

Did you see the video?
The bloke in it became a meme because of the mad way he reacted to his arrest.
He died today.

Well I just watched it. Did he die as a result of the arrest? I've never heard of him.

He was a colouful villain, well known in Australia for going to expensive restaurants, especially Chinese ones and leaving without paying.
(probably the reason why he is being arrested here)

Quote: Chappers @ 9th August 2024, 7:19 AM

Well I just watched it. Did he die as a result of the arrest? I've never heard of him.

No, the video was from way back.
He died of cancer, I think.