British Comedy Guide

US election 2024 Page 6

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th July 2024, 6:38 AM

Kamala speaks in riddles and nonsense.

It is time for us to do what we have been doing. And that time is every day.

We will work together, and continue to work together, to address these issues...and to work together as we continue to work, operating from the new norms, rules, and agreements, that we will convene to work together...we will work on this together.

It's going to be a treat.

Kamala is certainly a hell of a lot more articulate than Trump!
You've quoted her selectively here which is misleading. Every time there is a "..." something she said has been cut out. Anything can be made to sound confusing if you do that. Play fair!

P.s. SG is, of course, an admirer of Liz Truss who attacked Harris yesterday despite being the most disastrous PM in UK history.

Me and my wrong opinions...again. I'm sorry.

But they played some of her replies the other day on TV and they were ridiculous, so Stephen's not exaggerating. While Trump can be rambling but blunt, she twaddles on making no real point. She's also notorious for her new agey mantras, and she's very gushy, which is going to infuriate Trump's lot. It would be hard to find two more opposites. So it could all be a bit of a circus.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th July 2024, 8:09 AM

But they played some of her replies the other day on TV and they were ridiculous, so Stephen's not exaggerating. While Trump can be rambling but blunt, she twaddles on making no real point. She's also notorious for her new agey mantras, and she's very gushy, which is going to infuriate Trump's lot. It would be hard to find two more opposites. So it could all be a bit of a circus.

Oh no! Let's hope she doesn't infuriate Trump's lot! That would be terrible! FGS. As if they're not always perpetually furious anyway.
Trump's exact opposite! That's exactly what we need!
All her speeches this month have been great.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th July 2024, 8:00 AM

Me and my wrong opinions...again. I'm sorry.

Discussion forum! Feel free to argue with me back rather than surrendering immediately. Honestly! Bloody conservative snowflakes...

Tha's fightin' talk where I come from, boy Phut..............ding!

Go get 'im Floyd (Steve - I was told not to comment on this thread. My word is my bond 👼)

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th July 2024, 8:18 AM

All her speeches this month have been great.

But a bit gushy, c'mon. She's going after the potentially large female vote, so she's using gender empowering mantras which are borderline sexist or at least divisive and in this country at least would probably be breaking rules.

Maybe there too, as republican Nikki Harris has just sent a cease & desist notice to a group of her former supporters to stop campaigning as 'Haley voters for Harris'. Influencing people to vote based on gender or religion or other factional issues is illegal here, I'm sure it probably is there too.

She's not senile & she's not a psychopath..
That'll do me.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th July 2024, 8:55 AM

But a bit gushy, c'mon. She's going after the potentially large female vote, so she's using gender empowering mantras which are borderline sexist or at least divisive and in this country at least would probably be breaking rules.

Maybe there too, as republican Nikki Harris has just sent a cease & desist notice to a group of her former supporters to stop campaigning as 'Haley voters for Harris'. Influencing people to vote based on gender or religion or other factional issues is illegal here, I'm sure it probably is there too.

Any examples at all of things she has said which she has said which support what you're talking about? Or of any of the specific laws you are referring to?
Appealing to women voters definitely isn't illegal, I'm afraid.

She's appealing to women voters because they're the demographic Trump is weakest with, and now even weaker with because of JD Vance on the ticket. It's smart politics to go after women.

Swing voters are younger, more racially diverse and have a higher percentage of women than 'standard' voters.
Makes a her a pretty good pick.

Plus she isn't a convicted felon and sexual abuser

Which is a real boon

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th July 2024, 8:55 AM

By "gushing," I think you just mean positive and enthusiastic. A welcome contrast to Trump's hate-filled tirades.
A bit of a joke to accuse her of being divisive when you look at how Trump has been!
No rules have been broken.

No I mean OTT effusive and congratulatory of her supporters, and creating an over emotional agenda to manipulate a tidal wave support from a largely pro female fan base, in a rather starstruck manner.

Yes, women are quite stupid and easily led. You tell 'em who to vote for, Alfred!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th July 2024, 11:57 AM

A bit of a joke to accuse her of being divisive when you look at how Trump has been!

Not really, I think they're both at it, she's going for the same full on saviour of America shtick at the opposite political spectrum to Trump, I think it's clear she aims to be as big a star as he is in front of the camera, but play the good guy to bring him down. It's a sort of star v star battle of the egos you never got with a non showbizzy Biden.