British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 81

5 for me.
Hard but fun!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th July 2024, 10:05 AM

Hard but fun!

As the actress said to the bishop

Quote: a plate @ 24th July 2024, 1:49 AM

Question 1 was a big surprise - I like Red Dwarf, watched it since the first series back in the '80s, have seen some episodes multiple times... And yet, I don't remember it being mentioned that Rimmer isn't from Earth!? (Got it right with a random guess though)

There are references dotted about throughout the series. Particularly in the earlier days, instead of saying "What on Earth..." Rimmer would say "What on [home planet]...". And in one of the Dave era episodes there's an extended flashback to his time as a boarding-school teenager there.

Thanks everyone for sharing your scores, glad you enjoyed this week's quiz.

Another 5/10. Yes getting harder which is good. You wait till my next one's ready, tee hee.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th July 2024, 12:54 PM

getting harder which is good.

What're you like, eh?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th July 2024, 12:54 PM

Another 5/10. Yes getting harder which is good. You wait till my next one's ready, tee hee.

Bring it on 😎

Quote: Niki Walton @ 24th July 2024, 11:01 AM

There are references dotted about throughout the series. Particularly in the earlier days, instead of saying "What on Earth..." Rimmer would say "What on [home planet]...". And in one of the Dave era episodes there's an extended flashback to his time as a boarding-school teenager there.

Interesting, thanks for the info. After all these years, I never realised that (unless I picked it up subconsciously which is how I guessed it correctly?!)

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th July 2024, 6:18 AM

Where is the quiz today?
Not seeing it.

Looks like you've found it now anyway. But, sometimes there seems to be a delay in the new quiz appearing on the main page. When I do it in the early hours, i.e. about 1am very soon after it's been put up, I can usually only locate it from the bottom of the forum page (where it says "see also") - other locations at that time still link to the previous week's quiz.

In other words, if there's ever a new quiz and anyone can't see it, then try going to the bottom of the forums page, as a link to it usually appears there before it appears on the main BCG page.

Thanks for your help, A Plate!
A Dad's Army quiz today!
Very good. Although I did badly. 3 out of 10!
4 out of 5 on the extra questions.
I must admit, I'm not keen on licence plate or house number questions, but perhaps that's just me.

Well I can't see the new Dad's Army one even following A Plate's advice. All I'm getting is last week's quiz still. Quiz crisis continues... 😬

Same here.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 31st July 2024, 5:10 AM

Thanks for your help, A Plate!
A Dad's Army quiz today!
Very good. Although I did badly. 3 out of 10!
4 out of 5 on the extra questions.
I must admit, I'm not keen on licence plate or house number questions, but perhaps that's just me.

Well, it was my 4th (and last!) Dad's Army quiz, which we agreed on owing to the date falling exactly today, so it just had to be done! 😁

But, of course, the questions were bound to be harder not wanting any duplication.

Mark was concerned about Jones' number plate and Mavis' door number, but as I pointed out to him, this was a last special and one for the die hard fans.

Nevertheless, 7 out of 15 is not bad going, so well done! 😊

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st July 2024, 8:22 AM

Well I can't see the new Dad's Army one even following A Plate's advice. All I'm getting is last week's quiz still. Quiz crisis continues... 😬

Sorry about that - I can't see it either. Mark is on holiday at the moment and Aaron organised this one, so perhaps he has forgotten the link.

Anyway, try this.................

https://www.comedy.co.uk/quiz/317/

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st July 2024, 8:26 AM

Same here.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/quiz/317/

7/10 and 3/5 for me today, which shows how random my Dad's Army knowledge is. There are episodes I've probably seen only once (or possibly not at all) and there are other episodes I know every single word of. Thanks Herc, that was fun 😊

Quote: Niki Walton @ 31st July 2024, 10:51 AM

7/10 and 3/5 for me today, which shows how random my Dad's Army knowledge is. There are episodes I've probably seen only once (or possibly not at all) and there are other episodes I know every single word of. Thanks Herc, that was fun 😊

Thank you Niki 😁 Some of the questions were hard owing to possibilities getting thin.

6/10 which I'm very happy with considering some of the questions.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st July 2024, 11:47 AM

Some of the questions were hard owing to possibilities getting thin.

I had/still have a couple of pretty tough Dad's Army Qs m my lists that I could have swapped with you.

I'm short of a couple for a themed quiz I'm doing so maybe the idea of Quiz Q exchange would be of interest to you or the other regular quiz setters here, via PM for secrecy obviously. ? Anyone?

Good quiz Herc, though I'm not a Dads Army aficionado, just a 3/10 for me last night. Looks like it was a particularly challenging one though.
I expect Niki's 7/10 will be the biggest scorer this week, but we'll see what happens with that fellow Billy.