British Comedy Guide

Piglets Page 2

I concur with the 4.5 points the show's got on IMDB. Speaking of, was there ever a notion to put something like a user-gerenated rating to the comedy.co.uk-pages of shows? Would love to see something similar to the IMDB approach here.

But the real question is it truly as dire as the immortals Mad About Alice, The Royal Bodyguard and The Wright Way?🤔

I haven't watched it yet but will this evening as I loved Green Wing, Heap and Sarah. I do think people pre-judged it due to the possibly offensive title.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd July 2024, 5:23 PM

I haven't watched it yet but will this evening as I loved Green Wing, Heap and Sarah. I do think people pre-judged it due to the possibly offensive title.

I found it funny. I was shocked to find afterwards that so many apparently hated it.
I've seen plenty of dire comedies and this really wasn't one of them.

I enjoyed it too. Didn't totally grab me in the same way I was instantly captured by the first episode of Green Wing, but there was a very enjoyable lightness to it and a good number of laughs. Interesting character dynamics and set up. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd July 2024, 10:12 PM

I enjoyed it too. Didn't totally grab me in the same way I was instantly captured by the first episode of Green Wing, but there was a very enjoyable lightness to it and a good number of laughs. Interesting character dynamics and set up. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Weren't Green Wing episodes about an hour long whereas these are around 30 minutes.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2024, 10:45 PM

Weren't Green Wing episodes about an hour long whereas these are around 30 minutes.

Yep, they were 45 minutes without ads, so a 60 minute timeslot.

Just watched the last episode. I liked it. Any show that makes me laugh every episode is a success, and there's definitely stories set up for a second series. With the polarising reaction I'm not sure it'll get one.

Put me to sleep within 15 minutes.
Even Heap can't save this this trite derivative mess

Quote: tenbeersbold @ 1st August 2024, 6:04 PM

Put me to sleep within 15 minutes.
Even Heap can't save this this trite derivative mess

Derivative yes but still very funny.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2024, 9:22 PM

Nope - I won't be watching again. Mark Heap is the only one who made me smile, otherwise yawn........

https://youtu.be/cDGlN6mluGA?si=Isvcnx2PCnUxQmIM

I've seen the first 3 episodes and still like it. Not sure if it's something I'd necessarily rewatch multiple times, but an enjoyable enough modern sitcom, with some laughs.

Watched the first episode. Didn't even smile once. Even Mark Heap being 'Heapy' didn't help. It really was very poor.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2024, 9:22 PM

Which bits were funny Dave?

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th August 2024, 2:10 PM

Watched the first episode. Didn't even smile once. Even Mark Heap being 'Heapy' didn't help. It really was very poor.

Did apply my 2 episode rule, but no, totally failed to make me laugh - I got the impression it was actors (who knew it) trying to make the best of a poor script.

Certainly won't be watching again, as I've deleted it from my digi-box menu