British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,805

The met police are hunting a person who defaced 3 pride flags and meanwhile, up in Leeds, the police ran away from a riot.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st July 2024, 3:45 PM

Try telling that to all the people who missed urgent hospital appointments, exams, funerals... And their constant contempt of the proceedings in court didn't help matters.

They should have got the maximum 10 years.

EXACTLY!!! This filth got what they deserved

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2024, 3:57 PM

A lot of Suffragettes went to prison - and all they were fighting for was votes for women.

There's no comparison - this scum cared not a jot for all the misery they caused hundreds, probably thousands of ordinary people trying to get through life and in some cases its tragedies, and this filth couldn't have given a toss for them, and THAT is what pisses me off. that they could not see that it was innocent people's lives they f**ked up, NOT the authorities.

You can use all the bold type you like, Herc.
I stand by my original comment - History will be kind to these people.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st July 2024, 11:02 PM

they could not see that it was innocent people's lives they f**ked up, NOT the authorities.

They could, but they say their cause was a higher one. The climate change activists have adopted a sanctimoniousness which they believe absolves them of any wrongdoing. They even tried to influence the jury 'to vote with their conscience' and let them off. The jury voted with their public conscience and put them in jail.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd July 2024, 8:06 AM

Like the suffragettes you mean or hope - I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land and the MAJORITY (Big enough for you?) will view them for the scum of the earth that they are.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd July 2024, 8:26 AM

They even tried to influence the jury 'to vote with their conscience' and let them off. .

This was not proven - and anyway, those holding up placards saying Jurors "had a right to vote with their conscience" were deemed NOT to have committed contempt of court.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd July 2024, 8:31 AM

Like the suffragettes you mean or hope - I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land and the MAJORITY (Big enough for you?) will view them for the scum of the earth that they are.

You must lend me your crystal ball one day.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd July 2024, 8:06 AM

That's partly because many like yourselves in the present are being kind to them, already. They have a lot of support from the political left who downplay or in some cases just don't care about the trouble it causes the victims of these actions.

Some of them are targeting drivers of non electric EVs going around slashing tyres. They are out of control and politically motivated against the wealthy as they have always been.

This is the same kind of rhetoric that would ban strikes and political dissent.
So, you'll have to excuse me if I beg to differ.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd July 2024, 8:35 AM

You must lend me your crystal ball one day.

Ha Ha

Which goes to prove, what you'd like us to think - what a wizard you think you are. Unfortunately, at my age, I don't think I will be around to tell you how wrong you are.

The suffragettes eventually reached their goal. The 'Stop oil movement have no chance of reaching theirs.
The hypocrisy of them is laughable. They use oil to stop oil.
The prison sentences will stop the rest in their tracks.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd July 2024, 9:12 AM

The suffragettes eventually reached their goal. The 'Stop oil movement have no chance of reaching theirs.
The hypocrisy of them is laughable. They use oil to stop oil.
The prison sentences will stop the rest in their tracks.

Thus spake Goodlad.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd July 2024, 9:31 AM

Thus spake Goodlad.

Well he's making more sense than you are, and it's rather ironic you saying "Thus spake", when you are the biggest of the holier than thou on this forum, or like to think you are, but we see you for what you are worth

Why are you so rude?
And all of it without a shred of humour.

I was just commenting - like I did with you - at SG's enviable predictive powers.
Though, from a man who said there would never be a Labour government in his lifetime, you'd have to question his accuracy.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd July 2024, 10:46 AM

Why are you so rude?
And all of it without a shred of humour.

Cranky old man who is generally pissed off with life and how this country has degenerated (that's me, by the way, before you take that as aimed at you)

Tories spent approx SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION pounds to send FOUR people to Rwanda

Why?

In a desperate attempt to win back a few votes from reform uk

Disgraceful , criminal waste of tax payers money