British Comedy Guide

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 26

Love this show.

I've never seen Richard Ayoade laugh so much.

Jon looked good in his Sutton United colours and maybe just my age but I thought Katherine Ryan looked hot in that wig.

(And that should be Does Countdwn)

Yeah, unusual for Ayoade to break character like that! The only other time I've seen him laugh like that was in the Travel Man episode with Bob Mortimer.

Strange that it was John Kearns that made him laugh so much. The contestants on Guessable always crack up at John Kearns as well, but I don't quite 'get' his shtick.

Episode was OK, but like many of these more recent, post-Sean Lock episodes, probably not something I'd bother re-watching.

I loved John Kearns as himself on Taskmaster, but I've never been a massive fan of that character. Although I did like his joke about the buried man being £20 short and having a new hat.

Quote: zooo @ 20th July 2024, 7:48 AM

I loved John Kearns as himself on Taskmaster, but I've never been a massive fan of that character. Although I did like his joke about the buried man being £20 short and having a new hat.

It was just so silly.

Been a big fan for years, but wasn't that impressed with this first one to be honest and got more laughs out of "I Literally Just Told You" that followed, especially the celeb ones that was on last week.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th July 2024, 3:12 PM

Been a big fan for years, but wasn't that impressed with this first one to be honest and got more laughs out of "I Literally Just Told You" that followed, especially the celeb ones that was on last week.

Yeah, I Literally Just Told You is better IMO. It helps that the format is still relatively fresh, whereas 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown has been doing the same shtick for years now, with the pointless mascots round, same guests we've seen a dozen times already, etc...