British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,800

To be fair lofthouse is 100% right about Trump planning to use this to his advantage, and you know it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th July 2024, 11:51 AM

I didn't mention shot or shot at - it was attempts on life

It wasn't an attempt on his life, but I still love that clip of him dodging a man throwing shoes.

The compassion is overwhelming....only hours after being shot and very lucky to survive, the cynicism is all there.

His ear was slightly nicked. I really don't think we need to have a three minute silence, and bow our heads in sorrow. A man in the audience died, that's who you should feel bad for.
Trump's going to milk this for eternity. Including using the poor dead guy. Pointing that out does not show a lack of compassion, actually doing it does.

Quote: zooo @ 14th July 2024, 12:29 PM

To be fair lofthouse is 100% right about Trump planning to use this to his advantage, and you know it.

And we also know he'd be celebrating Trump's death if the bullet was just millimetres to the right. A human being with a family whatever his haters think of him.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th July 2024, 12:49 PM

The compassion is overwhelming....only hours after being shot and very lucky to survive, the cynicism is all there.

I am 100% relieved he survived

Do I still think he is a despicable prick? 100%

He didn't give a flying f**k about the people killed and injured in the capital

He called injured servicemen suckers and losers

His own son tweeted jokes about Paul Pelosi nearly being beaten to death with a hammer and said nothing

Trump is and always will be a vile c*nt

And you'll never be a true Christian. Very few perfect people in this world.

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th July 2024, 1:04 PM

I am 100% relieved he survived

But not for his sake, it seems.

Quote: zooo @ 14th July 2024, 12:54 PM

His ear was slightly nicked

...By a high velocity rifle bullet, which if the shooter was just aiming for the top his ear, meant he was probably the best marksman in America in his short life. The fact he shot three others as well means he probably wasn't.

The theory that Trump was set up could hold water.
The shooter can't tell.

Set up? He was shot or at least certainly shot at.
It's a volatile time. Probably best we avoid speculating wildly or bandying conspiracy theories around for the moment.

For heaven's sake, let's hope they don't go down the Lee Harvey Oswald route again, but there's bound to be plenty of Yank nutters out there who know "the truth"

I thought it was a bit odd that the secret service guys were happy to let him carry on showing his face to the crowd and punching the air

There could have been a second shooter

Possibly on a small grassy knoll

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th July 2024, 8:14 AM

Set up? He was shot or at least certainly shot at.
It's a volatile time. Probably best we avoid speculating wildly or bandying conspiracy theories around for the moment.

I think you're slightly overestimating the reach of the BCG there.

Trump shouting "Wait, wait" so he could get his fist pumping bit in will always make me wonder.

If we're going down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole (as started by Goodlad) then Trump certainly had a lot to gain from what happened. And it does seem weird that the guy missed considering he had a fantastic shot...

Then again, I'm not much for conspiracy theories. The secret service cocked up for sure, but it's a big leap to start suggesting this is proof of a deep state plot orchestrated by the least convincing criminal kingpin ever Joe Biden.

Republican politician Marjorie Taylor Greene....

"We are in a battle between GOOD and EVIL," Greene said over the weekend. "The Democrats are the party of pedophiles, murdering the innocent unborn, violence, and bloody, meaningless, endless wars."

She continued, "They want to lock up their political opponents, and terrorize innocent Americans who would tell the truth about it."

"The Democrat party is flat out evil, and yesterday they tried to murder President Trump," the lawmaker added.

It's begun....

Have no doubts, the Maga cult are in seventh heaven this happened- its pure gold

Quote: chipolata @ 15th July 2024, 11:43 AM

If we're going down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole ...

By "conspiracy theory" you mean a theory that one doesn't believe.

If one does believe it, it's just a theory.

And, once it's proven, it's a fact.